1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.
John of Ohio

JOH (John of Ohio) Regimen for Meniere's Disease details

1. susan silberman

susan silberman New Member

Sep 1, 2020
    How much do I need to take daily?

2. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    Unfortunately, the original lemon bioflavonoid product in my regimen is no longer available in the US. Not sure if it's available elsewhere. But the regimen works very well without it, as dozens of recent regimen users have discovered.

--John of Ohio

• Like Like x 1
  3. April55

April55 Member

Aug 10, 2017
  4. susan silberman

susan silberman New Member

Sep 1, 2020
    Sorry. I don't understand. The regimen works without the bioflavonoids at all; or just plain lemon bioflavonoids?

5. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    The regimen works because of the lysine, which stops the replication of the herpes virus that causes the inflammation that cause the symptoms of Meniere's. Lemon bioflavonoids help dilate the capillaries in the inner ear, which facilitates blood circulation that can help carry off excess fluids in the inner ear, which can reduce the feeling of fullness. Without the lemon bioflavonoids, this just takes a bit longer.

--John of Ohio

6. Good Listener

Good Listener New Member

May 29, 2023
  7. Good Listener

Good Listener New Member

May 29, 2023
    Regarding Vinpocetine, I'm trying to get it ingested earlier in the day because of sleep. Can I do 20mg at breakfast and 10mg after lunch and still have benefits? The last bottle I bought was a 30mg capsule, but I re-read the latest regiment doc (Jan 2023) and it looks like the recommendation is to spread it out.

8. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    Give that divided dosing a try. Time between breakfast and lunch is relatively short. It should work.

--John of Ohio

9. EAOfficial

EAOfficial Member

Jan 10, 2024
    North Jersey
    I've got questions about the timing of taking the lysine

So you say try to take the lysine on an empty stomach? Why is that? Isn't the whole point just to shift the ratio of lysine versus other amino acids in the body? I mean surely as an amino acid it won't work quite like a medicine where you eat it and it simply raises in your bloodstream. The body would always treat any amino acid as food, no? And just do with it what it would do with any protein

10. EAOfficial

EAOfficial Member

Jan 10, 2024
    North Jersey
    Another lysine question - JOH, the one you cited, from The Vitamin Shoppe, costs $15 per 100-bottle.

On Amazon I saw a similar bottle for $35, but from another company

I would think that the price-floor for something that's pseudopharmaceutical would be closer to the $35, if you want the actual real product. How do we know if the other supplements are what they say they are? Haven't there been numerous busts in the news over the years where they found half these supplements didn't have ANY of what they claimed?

I would think something like an isolated amino acid would be expensive to produce, and could never be so cheap

UPDATE:
    I was researching (I've been researching constantly since, you know, I might have this life-shattering disease), and found thus

VITA FLEX PURE LYSINE AMINO ACID SUPPLEMENT FOR HORSES

So I may have answered my own question here. Farmers I would think would be riskier to piss off since their operations are monetized and a write off for their business, hence likely way more litigious. So seeing this listing is definitely reassuring

Still, would like to here JOH's thoughts and reassurances

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
  11. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    Lysine is an amino acid, not a protein. Here's the reason to take it alone, without food, to treat Meniere's.

There are enzymes, proteins, required for herpes viruses to replicate, reproduce. Without those enzymes in human cells, herpes viruses are inactive, don't replicate. Arginine, an amino acid, found in a lot of foods with protein, is an amino acid required to make herpes virus replicating enzymes. That's why eating foods with lots of arginine can induce Meniere's attacks. The arginine caused the production of enzymes that produced new herpes viruses.

But lysine, when available, can substitute for arginine. When lysine gets inserted in herpes virus replication enzymes, they no longer work; can't produce any new herpes viruses.

So, if both lysine and arginine is available, from food, the arginine gets incorporated in the new enzymes. But when there is only lysine available, it gets incorporated, substituting for the preferred arginine. But, with lysine in the molecule, the enzyme can no longer function. So, you can't have any arginine floating around when you take your lysine to stop the herpes virus replication in your inner ear. Take the lysine without food and it will work. If taken with food, almost all of which has some arginine, the lysine won't be taken up to disable the enzyme.

--John of Ohio

12. Deegs

Deegs New Member

Jan 11, 2024
    John,
    You posted some sites we could visit pertaining to antiviral studies in Japan and in the US and the effect on MM. I cannot get either of these site links to open and would love to have this information for my next appointment. Can you please repost them?
    Thanks

13. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    Here are links with useful papers showing viral etiology of Meniere's:

This is Dr. Gacek’s study showing a viral etiology:
    A Perspective on Recurrent Vertigo
    A Perspective on Recurrent Vertigo

Recovery of Hearing in Meniere’s Disease after Antiviral Treatment
    Author links open overlay panelRichard R. Gacek MD
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0196070914000726

Effectiveness of Acyclovir on Meniere's Syndrome III Observation of Clinical Symptoms in 301 Cases

Mitsuo SHICHINOHE, M D„ Ph. D.

https://eurekamag.com/research/010/540/010540476.php

--John of Ohio

14. Deegs

Deegs New Member

Jan 11, 2024
    Thank you John! Hope I can convince the Dept of VA ENT to read this information.

Deegs

15. EAOfficial

EAOfficial Member

Jan 10, 2024
    North Jersey
    John of Ohio, you said there's like 147 pages of research you've seen from all over the world on the antiviral issue.

I'd love to see that. Just recently on the Meniere's Facebook group some people were poo-pooing the idea. Fo you have links, or could you host it on your website?

16. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    I looked through the dozens of links and references I have related to viruses as causes of Meniere's symptoms. I'm certain that when I made that big claim, that somewhere there were over a hundred pages on the topic, but presently I don't personally have a record of this. I believe my claim related to papers in Japanese medical reports, for which I saw listed somewhere; but didn't copy.

Japanese physicians, at least some, don't seem cemented to the notion that the cause of Meniere's disease is inherently idiopathic, unknowable and undiscoverable; in contrast to most American physicians.

Of course, attacking the disease with lysine, as described in my regimen, requires no prescription for a drug. Lysine suppresses herpes viruses, when properly administered, as described in my regimen.

-- John of Ohio

17. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    Has your tinnitus got any better

18. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    Has your tinnitus got any better with the vitamins d and k

19. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    I do take each day both vitamin d-3 (8000IU) and vitamin k-2. But I began these, at these levels, long after my tinnitus was gone.

--John of Ohio

• Like Like x 1
  20. Grenadineflaps

Grenadineflaps New Member

Aug 10, 2023
    Yes, it is almost gone. Before discovering JOH, my Tinnitus ranged from volume 4-6 out of 10, and now it's a 1-2 out of 10. There are days now where I actually dont think about the Tinnitus at all, that's how quiet it is. How has your experience been?