1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.
John of Ohio

JOH (John of Ohio) Regimen for Meniere's Disease details

1. Kurtin

Kurtin New Member

Aug 7, 2022
    I think you may have wanted this last post as a follow-up to one I made earlier today. I copied it and moved it along with some follow-up after my previous post.

2. Lynne

Lynne Member

Oct 18, 2022
    California

3. Lynne

Lynne Member

Oct 18, 2022
    California
    Dear Ssu,
    I’m sorry to hear about your journey. It is almost the opposite of mine. All I can say is that beside the JOH Regime (I’ve been on it ~ 1 1/2 months), I have had ozone ear insufflation. It takes an oxygen cell, O2 and turns it into an unstable O3. It has had a great effect on my bad ear. I had it done 3xs. I can hear better and ear isn’t plugged. I can feel something is happening in there and that is good. I’m hoping for another treatment. Go on YouTube. It been around since 1900s and used at chiropractors, naturopaths, MDs and veterinarians. It’s quick painless. Let me know how it goes!

4. Arturo

Arturo New Member

Oct 26, 2022
    Connecticut
    May I ask who prescribed the betahistine ? Your ENT or regular doctor?

5. Mark L

Mark L New Member

Dec 12, 2022
    John,
    Do you eat a high lysine, low arginine food diet with your program??
    Big thanks!

6. Arturo

Arturo New Member

Oct 26, 2022
    Connecticut
    Yes I do take high lysine; low arginine. It doesn’t seem to make a difference….

7. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    Actually, I've not taken my own regimen now for about 6 or 7 years; after it brought complete symptomatic relief for several years. I do take 7000IU of vitamin D-3 each day, which keeps my immune system in good order; thereby suppressing herpes virus activity.

When taking lysine it's important to take it without food, at least 20 minutes before a meal, or at least 2hrs after eating. If taken with food the body comingles it with other amino acids in the food and is not available to disrupt enzymes that help replicate herpes viruses.

--John of Ohio

8. Mark L

Mark L New Member

Dec 12, 2022

9. Mark L

Mark L New Member

Dec 12, 2022
    I just started the Lysine 4 days ago. The other items have not arrived yet. I will slowly add them to the regimen once they arrive. Side note: saw my ENT yesterday and he was not budging on antivirals. Brought paperwork, but not interested. I expected as much after all the reading I've done. I will hit up my family doctor next month.
    I appreciate all that you have contributed to help others with this nasty disease.
    Big thanks and have a blessed day!
    Mark L

10. Jonny_rotten

Jonny_rotten New Member

Dec 20, 2022
    Hello im new here and am struggling with drop attacks bad atm, im having 2 or 3 a day and its been for a while

ive got some bits and pieces and just wondering will this be sufficent as its time of year and cant be spending more on supps

vitamin c
    Vitamin b6
    Vinpocentine
    Vitamin d3
    Vitamin b5
    L lysine

ive orderd some vertigoheel

Ive had to stop driving, as the drop attacks are too dangerous,

can anyone offer me some help and advice please

11. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    It looks like you have the "big 3" there with the exception of the Lemon Bioflavonoid. The L-Lysine is key it seems so I think you're doing the best you can do given your budget.

12. Jonny_rotten

Jonny_rotten New Member

Dec 20, 2022
    thank you, i will try and stretch to lemon if possible

13. Jonny_rotten

Jonny_rotten New Member

Dec 20, 2022
    Does this get worse before it gets better? I certinley feel worse atm, im dizzy basically all day whilst taking these meds

14. Rich819

Rich819 New Member

Jan 11, 2021
    This forum is great! I wanted to research doctors in the US who have the most experience and expertise in Meniere's so we may be able to do further research. Can the members provide names & related info etc.? Thanks!

15. Jonny_rotten

Jonny_rotten New Member

Dec 20, 2022
    Tintus almost gone well i cant notice it im about 7 days in….

16. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    That's seriously impressive - keep going!

17. Jonny_rotten

Jonny_rotten New Member

Dec 20, 2022
    Its strange because i had to actually listen for it which i havent done in months! The only thing is ive felt unsteady aswell for 3 days but im abit better today

hopefully its the start of the end!

18. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    You just don't know with this disease. It could be coincidence, it might not be. But in the end it doesn't really matter, you're doing everything that you can do to feel better. I've been at it for 2 months now starting with a diet change that coincided with no major episodes of dizziness/vertigo. I've been on Lysine for 4 weeks now and the rest of the JOH regimen for 3 weeks. So far no change in tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jonny_rotten

Jonny_rotten New Member

Dec 20, 2022
    Thats great news without vertigo mate very happy for you its strange i went over a year without a attack then i had one in about october and ive never been the same since sometimes like 2-3 drop attacks a day! But yes im hoping i get to the stage your at

alls we can do is keep trying isnt it

20. Mark L

Mark L New Member

Dec 12, 2022
    Good news for sure! How about ear pressure. Any relief?