1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by BumbleBea, May 15, 2014.

1. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    What does this mean? It's under our names.

2. It reflects the person's image from other people (I think). If your commenr/s is useful, someone can give you a "karma" point. and if your comment/s sound maybe "hateful" or not useful, someone could "smite" you. I think! :) Maybe doing a good deed. :)

3. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    That's different! Just how would you give someone plus points? I don't see it. A lot of people here give good advice.

4. You just hold your mouse over the "applaud" and click.

5. Intrepid

Intrepid Be original

May 17, 2014
    It's like a middle school popularity contest. Means nothing other than an evaluation by people who don't really know you and may not really matter.

6. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    I was thinking that it meant that people like your posts or replies. Solari must have added it for a reason. Popularity contests at this age, ughhhhh.

7. solari

solari MM.org Janitor Staff Member

Admin Post
    Hmm, forgot about this. It comes default with the forum software. I agree it's not really necessary, will see if I can disable it.

Ray

8. Intrepid

Intrepid Be original

May 17, 2014
    One can be insecure at any age BB. Don't put too much stock in it. It's worth zero.

9. solari

solari MM.org Janitor Staff Member

Admin Post
    Woo hoo, figured how to turn it off! Do I get good karma for that? ; )

Ray

10. Intrepid

Intrepid Be original

May 17, 2014
    That was great.

You did your good deed for the day.

11. Of course you do. ;)

12. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Oh yes. That was just a brouhaha waiting to happen! :D

13. daBronx

daBronx Member

May 13, 2014
    Now there is another application website called "Credit Karma"that checks your credit and gives you for free your FICO score,but lately other websites like credit card companies like Discover and Capital One are now providing FICO scores at no charge to those people who have credit cards with those credit card companies.

14. Vicki

Vicki Guest

I'd give you good karma for this Ray LOL glad its turned off :)

15. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Thank you Ray. I can't imagine how hard it must be to maintain a site like this. Yes you get good Karma for a job well done.

:)

16. Selene

Selene Member

May 18, 2014
    in real life is it possible to avert Karma? Does what goes around indeed come back around or are events random and independent?

17. Intrepid

Intrepid Be original

May 17, 2014
    Karma just means action. It's any type of action from thinking to doing to saying. So no, you cannot avert karma. We perform actions continuously. What we can do is be very mindful of the actions we engage in so as to reap positive consequences and avoid negative ones as much as possible.

Of course a lot is outside of our control but the idea is to benefit in terms of internal peace, integrity and calm when you do the "right" thing. Right can be subjective so really, who the heck knows!

18. Selene

Selene Member

May 18, 2014
    oh I thought Karma was what was created as a result of your actions, which might be the same thing... like if an action was "neutral" for lack of a better word no Karma was really created, not bad or good. If you did something "bad" to a person, bad being something that takes away their free will... obviously murder the most extreme example of something to create a debt or Karma...

19. Intrepid

Intrepid Be original

May 17, 2014
    No. Karma IS the action (good or bad). There is another word for "fruit of karma" but I can't remember it right now.

So based on what karma you choose to sow, you shall reap at some point in time or in some other life, if you believe in reincarnation.

20. Selene

Selene Member

May 18, 2014
    I do believe in reincarnation, the alternative is just too scary for me. I guess in my mind Karma was more complicated then it really is. It's pretty simple the way you describe it. :)