1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Labyrinthectomy surgery

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Dhorsinround, Nov 22, 2017.

1. tdoak

tdoak Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    Doors, please keep us updated on your experiences going through the labby. A lot of us can benefit.

2. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    Yes, God Bless--and we all hope an pray this will give you a quality of life back. Keep us updated when you feel up to it. I hadn't heard for the Sophono hearing implant. Is this something new or have I just missed reading about it? A cochlear type implant-? Where is the surgery taking place and how is it done? I hope when you are 'all better' you can share this experience with us.

3. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    good luck!! fingers crossed for you!!

4. Dhorsinround

Dhorsinround New Member

Nov 21, 2017
    Yes from what i understand the sophono is very new through Medtronics you can google and find it. Basically bone conduction hearing from what i understand , it will be done out patient in Mobile Al at a outpatient surgery center . Dr Mark Gacek. If i am ableto go home and not sick they will let me go but if i am unable to they will transport me to the hospital. You would think why not do hospital? Any way but aparently the hospital will not pay for the implant but the othopedic clinic will ( outpatient surhery center)But anyway as soon as i feel upto it i will post . Thankyou all for the encouragement....Laters

5. Let us know how you’re doing when you can! Think of you!

6. Dhorsinround

Dhorsinround New Member

Nov 21, 2017
    Good evening all, surgery went good for the sophono implant . Needless to say my head hurts pretty bad . Surgery was done Wed. We decided , not to do the lamby surgery as i am bilateral MD he dont want to take any balance system parts unless absolutely a must . Been on the Famvir for several weeks now and is controlling the issues of balance . Not such a weeble wooble (lol) still have the ringing but the fullness pressure is also silent . (Thank goodness). It is nice to start feeling a little more normal. Go back Jan. 10 for staples to come out. And will be programmed with the outter component in about 6-8 weeks after complete healing .Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a Happy and safe New Year.