1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

LOW sodium quiche

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by Emily, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Emily

Emily New Member

Apr 7, 2019
    I know it sounds impossible but hang in there. I had serious doubts about this quiche but it is FANTASTIC. Listen, the egg/cheese substitute is tofu which I know sounds kind of gross but you cannot tell - food processed tofu feels and tastes just like ricotta cheese. soooo good, it makes me want to use tofu as a cheese substitute in other dishes! It would be perfect in lasagna.

Here's the recipe, which is vegan and gluten free. You can make your own crust with plenty of butter if you're not vegan. Obviously, just skip the salt. It's not hard to find a jar of sun-dried tomatoes with less than 20mg of sodium per serving

2. Gman

Gman New Member

Aug 24, 2022
    Hi Emily and anyone out there reading this. Tofu is great in lasagna and perhaps by now you have tried it? I have been a foodie for over 30 years. Back about 8 or 9 years ago when my daughter was in Jr. High or High School she needed a recipe. The challenge was to make something with tofu and a few other odd ingredients that escape me now. But tofu was the protein and so a Lasagna was born! And, it was actually delicious. A veggie lasagna with tofu done up like burger, browned in a skillet with onions, minced garlic, and seasonings. I think she also used diced zucchini and yellow squash too? She received many complements on it.