1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Mediterranean Diet

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by Halos, May 1, 2016.

1. Halos

Halos Member

May 21, 2014
    I have been following the Mediterranean Diet on the advice of a Co-worker and feel a lot healthier. Lots of vegetables, fruits and fish with lean meats every so often.
    I am working on eating to live rather than living to eat as they say and it is helping with my self image and self esteem as well.

• Like Like x 2
  2. AEC

AEC Member

Aug 7, 2015
    That's great.

3. Melinda

Melinda Living one day at a time...

Jun 22, 2017
    Chandler, AZ
    That's wonderful :)

4. Paulina582

Paulina582 New Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Losing weight is hard to do if we're stressed. I've tried so many diets and exercises, but all of them are not effective to lose some pounds.You can minimize your body's production of cortisol by simply by learning to relax. And if you need a little help doing this, medical marijuana could become your new best friend. Especially if it can shrink your waistline in the process. Nowadays, there are several products of cannabis created, not only for smoking. Like this one blimburnseeds.com/gorilla-glue-4-marijuana-seeds. So far, it really helps me to relax and I can see that there's a changes in my weight. If you have any questions or opinions please let me know. Thanks!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I had great success losing weight on a low carb diet. I lost 35 lbs and have kept it all off for a number of years now. I weigh now, at 65, what I weighed in my 20s. The diet is primarily lean protein and low carb vegetables. It includes dairy, eggs, cheese, nuts, healthy fats such as olive oil and peanut butter and small amounts of fruit and whole grains. I still eat very small amounts of things like bread, rice, pasta, etc. so I am not really deprived of anything. The only thing I eliminated completely was sugar and junk food. I don't count calories. I lost about 20 lbs the first 3 months and another 15 in the next 6 months. I felt generally better and more energetic eating this way. The downside is the lack of low-carb breakfast options, but the diet is not overly restrictive or unpleasant.