1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Meniere's and chronic fatigue?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Volucella, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Volucella

Volucella New Member

Mar 1, 2021
    Hi, I went through about five years of acute, severe Meniere's attacks, the last being about seven years ago. I occasionally get mild vertigo, eg. when I look upwards but I reckon that may be BPV as it immediately resolves with a change of position.

My question is, although the obvious symptoms have disappeared (touch wood!) is it possible that the disease process is still ongoing and the cause of my periods of extreme fatigue and slight nausea? Or should I look for another cause?

Thanks for your time.

2. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    The first thing you notice with the laby is your fatigue is gone. I had all those symptoms and the laby resolved all them.

3. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I had chronic fatigue for some 10 years (was MM free then) It went away just like that so I had a good life for about a year. Then the beast came...

4. Volucella

Volucella New Member

Mar 1, 2021
    Many thanks for your replies.
    Bulldogs, what do you mean by "laby"?
    JonBubo, my hearing hasn't deteriorated since the attacks stopped. I take a multivitamin and mineral supplement and follow a good well-balanced diet. I'm not sure how I'd stand to benefit from anti-virals. Is there any hard evidence that Meniere's is caused by a virus? I'm of the view that it's an auto-immune condition.

5. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    The symptoms vary in degrees of severity over time. I rarely vomit anymore but I have bouts of nausea. Fatigue is daily and intense.

6. AdamsSpinningWorld

AdamsSpinningWorld New Member

Mar 31, 2021
    If you find the secret to this please let me know. This is easily the worst part of Meniere's disease for me. I can tolerate moderate dizziness, and even deal with some anxiety that comes with it. But the fatigue beats me down and makes me feel like there is no winning. I used to be a cyclist and a hiker. Now I can barely walk down and get the mail from my mailbox.

7. three4rd

three4rd Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Man, I hear you. I think it's that our system is always fighting it...trying to compensate for and deal with the sensations that are coming into the brain. Just my rather simplistic theory on it.

8. Jesus

Jesus New Member

Mar 31, 2021
    Oviedo, Spain
    I read in another posts about Vitamin C, fatigue and it antiviral effects, maybe worth to check it and try it.