1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Meniere's Vertigo

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Isa, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Isa

Isa New Member

Sep 15, 2020
    Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and have a question about Meniere's vertigo. Mine has come on the same way every time - turning over in bed and the room starts to spin. It is worst when lying down and turning but does happen if I bend down to get something or turn around too quickly. I don't have spontaneous bouts of vertigo when just standing or sitting straight up. Has anyone else's vertigo been triggered by movement in this way?

2. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    My vertigo can come on in any position. Do you have other Menieres symptoms like ear fullness, fluctuating hearing loss, etc? If not, your issue might be the ear crystals one, I forget exactly what it is called but I'm sure someone else will contribute. BPV? something like that. If that is what it is, it can be fixed by a certain positional movement - lucky you! :)

3. Biffer

Biffer Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Isa, I'll second what Donamo says. If you don't have the other symptoms it could be BVVP. If so then the Epley maneuver is something you should check out.

4. Weeba

Weeba Member

Jun 19, 2020
    I believe it is Benign Positional Vertigo. If you have that and not Menieres consider yourself lucky!

5. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Do you just have vertigo? Tinnitus, hearing loss, fullness? If you only have vertigo, it is very likely that you have normal vertigo, it is very unpleasant and it can take 1 or 2 years to heal completely in which you continue to have attacks and dizziness. My aunt and mother had it for almost a year, but it was cured and they never had vertigo again for 10 years or more.

For normal vertigo you can take a sedative to withstand the strong attack, also betahistine can help relieve and reduce the intensity and duration of the attacks.

6. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    I agree - check out BPVV. Good luck!