1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.
Lulu

Monolaurin Update - Vertigo Free For Almost A Year

1. serbian

serbian Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Great news Lulu, so encouraging for all of us!

2. imback

imback Member

Aug 8, 2014
    I started taking it too. Only twice so far, but I now have a bitter taste on my tongue I cannot get rid of. Anyone else?

3. prozeal

prozeal Member

May 9, 2015
    I'm taking monolaurin capsules while I wait for Lauricidin to arrive. I haven't had any bittertaste. Are you taking Lauricidin bought from manufacturers website?

4. Nickyschick

Nickyschick Member

May 13, 2015
    That's fantastic news..... Anything that gives someone relief from the horrific attacks is wonderful in my book!! I was almost vertigo free ( end of March would have been a year) but I had an attack on NY Day....I am lucky that my Dr is open to all the suggestions I bring to him from here. :)

5. imback

imback Member

Aug 8, 2014
    The brand I am taking is called inspired nutrition.

6. Santa

Santa Member

Aug 5, 2014
    YAY!!! Lulu is back! And she comes back with good news. So happy for you Lulu! I also did monolaurin for a little while. I was doing pills. I forget if it helped or not. I was taking OPC and valacyclovir also at the same time. I was feeling really good then. So, I cut out the monolaurin and I remained very well until pollen season. Pollen season started the same time my pharmacy switched manufacturers of the valacyclovir I was taking. So I have been having some whoozies and pre-vertigo symptoms, but no vertigo.

We are in the midst of a terrible pollen storm. The oak and pine trees are throwing their pollen bombs and everything and I mean everything is yellow/green including my sinuses and lungs. My swimming pool is also full of pollen. I am taking Claritin d and Flonase but I am still suffering.

7. Lulu

Lulu Member

May 12, 2014
    Hi imback

I did a search on the brand of monolaurin you've been taking and (if I found the correct brand) it also comes in a pellet form like the Lauricidin? If so, make sure you're taking it with a cold drink (nothing hot or even warm) and try to swallow the pellets as quickly as possible. The pellets can have a bit of residue on them from being jostled around in the jar during the shipping/handling process and the residue can leave an aftertaste.

8. imback

imback Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Thanks Lulu they are pellets and I drink them with a flavored water. I will continue no matter what. A bitter tongue is nothing if it works. Thanks for your effort and feedback.

9. Lulu

Lulu Member

May 12, 2014
    Cheryl - My hope is that one day soon this forum will be filled with nothing but success stories and members being able to return to the lives they once had without The Beast hounding them every single day.

Marta and nicmger - Thank you both so much for your kind words.

prozeal - Sending my best wishes to you that you'll have good results with the Lauricidin.

James - It's wonderful to see you again! I hope you've been doing well since reaching your one year milestone of being vertigo free. Wishing you many days of good health as well!

serbian - I wish you many more vertigo free days. Now that you've reached your one year mark I sincerely hope it continues for you.

Nickyschick - I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am that the New Year started off with a vertigo attack for you. Makes my heart sink when I hear of someone doing well only to have The Beast rear its ugly head again. Good thoughts to you and your doctor that you'll be able to work together to get you back on the right path again.

Santa - While I'm so happy to hear you're not having vertigo attacks it makes me sad that you've been feeling so awful with allergies and such. Have you ever tried using a mask type nasal steamer for your allergies? I have a friend whose son uses one and she said he's had very good luck with it.

10. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Hey Lulu, nice to have you posting again. :)

11. prozeal

prozeal Member

May 9, 2015
    Thanks for the kind words LuLu.

@Santa,@imback and anyone else wanting to try monolaurin I think it's best to take the same brand and bought direct from the manufacturer just as LuLu did.
    Just as how some brands of antivirals don't work as others so could be the case with monolaurin. Maybe Lauricidin has better quality control, and since that's all they sell you are guaranteed to get fresh products due to turnover and etc. So I believe to leave all doubt and have the greatest confidence while trying this it's best we emulate exactly what LuLu is taking and how, this way we can be sure and not wonder, maybe it's this brand or in this capsule form that doesn't work, that would be wasted time and time is precious. This is my thinking and that's why I ordered Lauricidin to properly give it a shot. Hope that helps.

12. Muff

Muff Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Fantastic News, Lulu! I am so happy that you found a lasting solution! If you had any other meniere's symptoms, how are they? Such as full ear, brain fog, head fullness, tinnitus.....and your hearing loss? Has anything disappeared or improved? How is your other ear?

Thanks for sharing with the all of us! It's is so helpful to learn of other success stories :)

13. Lulu

Lulu Member

May 12, 2014
    Hi Bea. It's nice to see you too. :)

14. Lulu

Lulu Member

May 12, 2014
    prozeal - Has your Lauricidin arrived and if so have you started taking it yet?

I'm anxious to hear how you do with it and I'm so hoping you'll have good results. :)

15. Lulu

Lulu Member

May 12, 2014
    Hi Muff :)

I've never really suffered with severe ear or head fullness/pressure so I can't say that I've noticed any change, one way or the other, as far as that goes.

Brain fog is still a problem for me at times. I attribute some of that to my age (I turned 54 a couple of weeks ago) and some of it to just having too much on my mind but I'd say maybe there's been a little improvement over the past year. :)

My hearing hasn't improved (my last audiogram showed I have moderate low frequency hearing loss in both ears) but without suffering anymore vertigo attacks I've noticed the drastic fluctuations in my hearing which I used to experience are fewer and farther between than they used to be.

As for the tinnitus? Well, that little devil never seems to want to go away. It's constant in both ears but it's not bad enough to cause me any distress. The only time I really notice it is when I get those occasional, high pitched spikes or when I go to bed at night and the house is quiet. I run a floor fan at night (even in the Winter) to help drown out the noise.

One other thing I have noticed in just the last month or so is that my balance seems to be getting a little better. Where I used to need my cane almost all the time, I now only need it occasionally. This month I only used it twice when there was a drastic shift in the weather and I'd had trouble sleeping for a couple of nights. Those two things together will make me wobbly as all get out.

If I can answer anymore questions for you please don't hesitate to ask. I'm happy to help if I can! :)

16. Muff

Muff Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Thanks, Lulu! I really appreciate your responses to my questions ;D

17. prozeal

prozeal Member

May 9, 2015
    LuLu, it hasn't arrived yet, but I'm hoping it will arrive within this week. I'm in Canada so it takes a bit longer.
    I hope so too, I'm excited to take it. If it's a strong anti-fungal as well that would be awesome because then it's really cleaning up the system.
    Hopefully I wont have any side effects.

18. Muff

Muff Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Hi Prozeal, have you tried anti-vitals? If so, how did it go? Thanks!

19. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Just found the article, on monolaurin if it had already been posted , apologies. Worth reading anyway.

http://justherpes.com/herpesremedies/monolaurin-herpes-lauricidin/

20. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I have joined the Lauricidin takers group 3 days ago. My first dose was 1/4 scoop but then I increased it to 1/2 scoop 3x a day. No side effects, no flu like symptoms. I bought exactly the same brand as Lulu. I am just wondering if it means it isn't going to work for me. Hmmm.
    Prozeal how are you getting on with it??