1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.
Lulu

Monolaurin Update - Vertigo Free For Almost A Year

1. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Lulu, No more attacks so far, touch wood. I have been increasing the dose every day now. I think it was my mistake to increase it much too slowly. After 6 weeks of taking monolaurin I am on 3/4 scoop (only?) three times a day. I am hoping to reach 1 full scoop soon and then finally up to two. I cannot wait to celebrate my first anniversary! I will throw a big party here by pasting in a yummy cheesecake with melted chocolate on top. ( home made of course!) all the best to you lovely Lulu!

2. Lulu

Lulu Member

May 12, 2014
    I'm touching wood here for you too Marta! I know how deflating it can be when you've been doing well only to have the dreaded beast come back for a visit. :( I think the mental battle that we fight can be every bit as difficult as the physical battle.

I'm looking forward to the day when you paste that delicious celebratory cheesecake here and with melted chocolate no less....oh my! I almost drooled on my keyboard. ;D

Stay strong and I hope with each increased dosage you'll chase the beast farther and farther away darlin'! xx

3. Keefer Soc Muffin

Keefer Soc Muffin Member

Dec 15, 2015
    UK
    Thanks for your reply Lulu, and thanks even more for your permission to eat cake lol. I went a bit manic 5 months ago and started cutting so many foods out desperate for some improvement.
    Now I'm improving I will have to introduce them back little by little but will definitely start with a bit of cake :)

4. Bummers

Bummers New Member

May 30, 2015
    Manchester, UK
    So how is everyone doing with the monolaurin?

For me it has kept the symptoms at bay and I've had no more full on attacks. Life has almost been normal. Too much salt in a meal though will cause me to wake in the night flushing red hot with a roaring in my ears. Luckily I've been able to relax enough and ride it out without it turning into a vertigo attack.

Plane rides aren't great, I hate moving when i can't see a horizon.

Still, these are all minor quibbles when compared to what's worse!

5. Qunk

Qunk New Member

Jan 26, 2019
    Hi all, I have just started taking Monolaurin (Lauracidin) and after a couple of hours I am left with raging deep earache, my tinnitus is extra loud, I have lost most of my hearing and my symptoms are going crazy.

I also took it with Yeast-x. It feels like I have a severe inner ear infection. Is this normal? Could it be Herx? Should I cut down on the amount I'm taking?

6. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    That’s great lulu I’ve been taking mono in capsules for about 2 years with my cocktail and I think it’s helped with my symptoms too. I was 16 mos remission until lately so I’m working back to good health right now. Congratulations and great news!!

7. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson Member

Feb 7, 2019
    Any further reports on monolaurin? This is the first I've heard of it. Considering adding it to the JOH regimen.

JOH has helped me, and I've had lots of good days over the last couple months, but I'm not out of the woods. Had another attack (maybe a half attack) today - didn't go full-on puking and spinning, but was out of commission in bed with dizziness, vertigo, and nystagmus.

Happy for the good days, but really want to get this more under control. Maybe longer JOH exposure will do it, but sounds like monolaurin is another avenue that might help viral or fungal aspects.

8. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    I have been reading the alternative therapies from the database and many of them sound interesting and worth trying. But I can't, and I don't think I should, try all together.

I'm going to start going to the physical therapist to check my cervicals and my jaw, but at the same time that I do that I wanted to try something else and I think I'm going to start with this. Can anyone else who has tried it tell me how it went? Can it be combined with JOH or antivirals?

I guess if Lulu hasn't been around here in 4 years it's good news that it has worked for her until today.

9. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    I do monolaurin 2 gm a day. I also do Lysine 3000per day, lemon bioflavs and vit c and b12/b6. When I slowly added the monolaurin last fall, I noticed a significant improvement and feel pretty good.

10. April55

April55 Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Wendy can I ask, do you have a brand of monolaurin you recommend? Thanks in advance. April

11. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    Hi. I am using Lauricidin pellets I get from Amazon.

• Like Like x 1
  12. April55

April55 Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Thanks!

13. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    How many grams of monolaurin do you take? I am taking 990mg twice a day. I have thought about taking one more capsule a day and thus being close to 3g daily.

14. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    I am not at 3 gm. I take 2 gm daily. I may up it a little as my ear has been a little fuller.

15. merlin007

merlin007 New Member

Mar 22, 2020
    Lulu, did you have tinnitus, has it gone ?

16. maireann

maireann New Member

May 22, 2020
    For anyone in the UK I am getting the pellets from here which I think are the cheapest.

Going to give this a shot.

No vertigo just tinnitus but I think I might be going bilateral

Lauricidin Monolaurin | 227g - Lauricidin

17. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I used to buy it from this site
    Lauricidine - Monolaurine
    Slightly cheaper as price in Euros.
    Monolaurin is definitely worth trying
    Good luck marieann!

18. maireann

maireann New Member

May 22, 2020
    I have a question I hope someone can answer

For monolaurin to be effective do you need to get a herx reaction?

I am about 2 months into taking the pellets - currently on 2 scoops a day but never had a herx reaction

I did go up to 3 scoops for a few days but backed of as I had a real sore stomach - not sure if this was related to the monolaurin or if this was herx.

Anyway I am thinking of pushing up my dosage again as I am not feeling any improvement in my ears

Fortunately I have been vertigo free for over a year and a half - I just have an awful feeling in my ears and the tinnitus is brutal

19. maireann

maireann New Member

May 22, 2020
    @JonBubo

Thanks for your kind response

No I have not had any tests done for heavy metals, viruses or allergens. I will maybe enquire in the New Year and see if my health practice will accommodate - they are not the greatest

I may have some other queries - I will send you a dm when I get a chance

• Like Like x 1