1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

More Info On A Supplement Said To Kill Viruses

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Vicki, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Imback
    I am on 28 pellets which is just below half the spoon. I am going to increase the dose by two pellets a time ( 6 pellets a day) I hope it's not too much. I have had 2 steroid injections ( no results!) and I have been taking acyclovir since the end of January. Acyclovir is not helping at all and I don't really know why I am still taking it. I am also on JOH.
    And you are right- it does suck!!!
    Thank you for your kind words!

2. imback

imback Member

Aug 8, 2014
    I have been on the Anti-virals for 5 weeks and was doing well, but today I have a little.spinning. I also am under some stress as my mom is very sick and I supposed to travel for work tomorrow. Prayers for us all.

3. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    imback
    I hope your mum will get better soon and your spinning will go away! Prayers or us all!!

4. Keefer Soc Muffin

Keefer Soc Muffin Member

Dec 15, 2015
    UK
    Oh no Marta, what a shame and you were doing so well :( As imback says, hopefully this is just a single bad episode and as you up the dose you manage to see it off for good! Maybe you're one of those that doesn't respond so well to the acyclovir.

It would seem that most on here do better with Valtrex - the Northstar brand if I recall correctly. Is that something you can try? Will be thinking of you and hoping for the best! You too imback!

zotjen - I can't remember seeing on this site any info on long term use and tapering down but I've read of quite a few on other sites that have Lymes, Herpes etc that have tapered down to find their maintenance dose. It would seem its usage is very similar to that of antivirals in that once people find their maintenance dose they stick with that but increase temporarily in times of illness, stress etc. The amount people need seems to vary enormously.
    Most of these other sites seem to agree that the best brand is Lauricidin because its purer and more concentrated than other brands.

I don't know anything about Monolaurin and cholesterol other than what you've probably read already - that it claims it can improve good cholesterol and decrease bad. Personally I'm in the group that is very distrustful of this whole good/ bad cholesterol thing and believe statins are the biggest pharma driven con the world has ever seen. I guess that's another story though lol.

Best of luck in getting symptom free again soon!

5. Lulu

Lulu Member

May 12, 2014
    Oh Marta, I'm so very sorry to hear this. I've not taken antivirals but I know from reading the experiences of others here that for some it took 6 months to a year before they were completely free of their debilitating vertigo attacks. I know they won't work for everyone but the fact that you went several weeks without an attack seems like a very positive sign to me that the combination of JOH, antivirals and monolaurin may actually be helping. I'm hoping this was merely a single breakthrough attack that won't be repeated again as you steadily increase your dosages of Lauricidin.

Sending positive thoughts and a hug to you and I hope you'll be on the vertigo-free path again very soon.

Best wishes,
    Lulu

6. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Oh Lulu!
    Thank you for your encouraging words. I am trying to stay as positive as I can.

7. Gary N

Gary N New Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Lulu
    I read your on 2 x teaspoons 3 a day with meals, on the recommended dose on the container its 1/4 to one teaspoons up to 3 times a day. is there advantages by increasing the dose.
    I've starting my Lauricidin journey and now on 1/2 scoop 3 x a day and building up over this week to one scoop, as other users have said low and slow. Hoping to reduce the current 2-3 vertigo attacks a month.

8. zotjen

zotjen Member

May 12, 2014
    Keefer, thank you for the response. Monolaurin is supposed to actually kill viruses though, not just suppress them so I would think that eventually there would ne no need for maintenance. Of course, if the cause of your Meniere's isn't virus based it's not going to help at all. I'm still going to give Monolaurin a try though but I think that if I could also eliminate a lot of the stress in my life right now, my current symptoms wouldn't be so severe.

9. zotjen

zotjen Member

May 12, 2014
    Whoops, the above should say "be no need". I also want to add that I'm still not sure if I want to try Lauricidn's pellets or a capsule form. I know Lauricidin is supposed to be a purer form but I think that capsules are going to be a lot easier for me to deal with. There are several brands on Amazon that people have found effective but I don't see any regarding Meniere's. The other advantage of Lauricidin is that you can really control your dose so I need to figure out which is the best option for me.

10. Keefer Soc Muffin

Keefer Soc Muffin Member

Dec 15, 2015
    UK
    It's certainly hard to find feed back info on anyone that has used Monolaurin for Menieres for a significant amount of time.
    You said that if your Menieres isn't virus based then it's not going to work at all, but Monolaurin is meant to kill off fungal and bacterial infections as well as viral and there's quite a bit of info out there to suggest this is true.

I agree with you that if this is so then technically there is no need for a maintenance dose once the virus/fungus has been killed. My problem with this is that the clinical trials on it have all been in vitro as far as I'm aware, so we don't know exactly how it acts in vivo.

If I'm fortunate enough to get to the point where I believe the fungus/virus causing my Menieres has been killed off (assuming that's the cause of mine), then I intend to stay on a maintenance dose as an insurance policy if nothing else!
    Hopefully given time there will be more info but until that happens I suppose it's just trial and error.
    Good luck with whatever you ultimately decide to do :)

11. prozeal

prozeal Member

May 9, 2015
    I think it's good to be on a maintenance dose because some viruses like herpes can become inactive and then active in times of stress. So taking the maintenance dose would be important especially during, before and after times of stress. If the inactive/embedded ones are inaccessible for monolaurin to kill them off, some of those inactive/embedded viruses that then become active will not also die off, because no maintenance dose was taken, and may lead one to conclude, that "it doesn't work." In addition, let's say monolaurin doesn't kill the virus and suppresses it, then there is more reason to keep the maintenance dose.
    That's my thinking on it and why a maintenance dose should be kept. My only concern is since the lauric acid/monolaurin is high in saturated fat, if it would have a negative effect on cholesterol. I've heard that it raises HDL cholesterol, the good one you want but it also raises LDL the bad cholesterol. That is my only concern about taking it.

The pellets are easy to take much easier than capsules, I actually prefer if all supplements were in pellet form, it's actually fun to take them this way. Just drop them in and wash it down with water. It's very expensive for me to take these since shipping is nearly $20-$30 to Canada and with the exchange rate, it nearly cost me $75 to just buy one tub of it. But I rather not get the cheap stuff and go with what has worked from the get go to save time and guess work.

12. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    From what I have learnt on this forum ( and I should really have remembered it from my biology lessons!) viruses are neither alive nor dead, they are merely packets of DNA or RNA that hijack cellular process. That means they cannot be killed, they can only be suppressed. I would definitely be on a maintenance dose as you never know when they hit again!

13. Keefer Soc Muffin

Keefer Soc Muffin Member

Dec 15, 2015
    UK
    Two good explanations above on why a maintenance dose is needed...thanks.

I'm now 5 weeks on Monolaurin and still no spins. Feeling really good on the whole but have experienced ear symptoms this past week that are new to me. I've always had the odd shooting/stabbing pain in my bad ear but this week I've had many periods lasting several hours of intense throbbing ear pain. Bad enough to wake me up and to need pain killers.

I'm not sure what this means but I'm certain it's not an ear infection. I'm hoping it's maybe nerve endings repairing or blood flow reaching areas it hasn't previously been able to reach due to inflammation.

Then again I could be kidding myself and looking for any explanation that it is not necessarily a bad sign. Time will tell.

14. Lulu

Lulu Member

May 12, 2014
    Hi Gary :)

Even after I had gradually worked my way up to taking one tsp 3 times a day I was still experiencing some episodes where I felt like I was about to have a vertigo attack (thankfully never had one but felt as though I might) so I continued to up my dosage a little at a time until I no longer experienced those episodes.

I hope you have great success with the Lauricidin. Like yourself, I was having about 2 attacks per month when I started taking it and that is 2 too many in my book. Best of luck to you and sending good thoughts your way that you'll be vertigo-free very soon.

Lulu

15. prozeal

prozeal Member

May 9, 2015
    Just an update from me. I've been very gradually increasing my intake of lauricidin for nearly two months and am now very close to 1 scoop 3 times per day.
    My symptoms remain the same, walking on a trampoline, some occasional ear fullness, constant tinnitus (simultaneously I'm taking MAV medication nortriptolyne now for a month). Some of those symptoms have become more frequent, like the earfulness and fluctuating pitch of tinnitus or hearing loss has increased a tad.

Neither lauricidin or the MAV meds has helped in anyway so far but I'm continuing on with them. When I start on the full scoop is when I'll consider it as the real beginning of this journey. My sinuses have become worse, I see more green mucous, whereas before it was just cloudy or very little mucous. I attribute this to increased dairy I've been having over the past weeks. I'm going to cut the dairy and sugar out though so the lauricidin can perhaps perform better. Other than that not much else to report.

16. zotjen

zotjen Member

May 12, 2014
    I received my Lauricidin on Friday, starting out with 10 pellets twice a day. Today I'm upping it to 12 pellets three times a day, adding a couple of pellets every few days. Although the jar says to keep it in a cool, dry place, does anyone know if Lauricidin can be refrigerated? I'm concerned about the pellets melting in the coming summer months.

17. Wifeandmother

Wifeandmother New Member

May 31, 2016
    New member here! I came upon this forum 2 weeks ago and am so thankful!!

I went to the ER for my last vertigo attack and vomiting (lasting 15+ hrs) on May 16. I was diagnosed with Meniere's 3 years ago. I started having vertigo attacks 2x/yr 5 years ago, while pregnant with my 1st child. I thought the vertigo was related to pregnancy until I had my 4th child 4 months ago. Since then, I've had an attack every 3-4 wks. I have headaches, nausea, dizziness, light-headed, pressure in my left ear, and constant ringing every day:( I also have hearing loss in left ear. Two different ENTs diagnosed Meniere's, but one wanted to do steroids and the other surgery, while I was pregnant! Both were not options to me. In the meantime, I think I've had candida overgrowth this whole time as well. I changed my diet to strictly meat, vegetables, eggs, and some nuts 3 wks ago. I have gone through 2 perscriptions of Diflucan recently.

I completely lost hope after that last ER visit. I have 4 kids 4 and under and am a stay at home mother. So how could I possibly watch them and keep stress under control?!? Until I found this forum...

I ordered the Lauricidin and started on May 23.
    Day 1: 4 pellets total
    Day 2: 5 pellets. Pressure gone. I feel like I can hear in my left ear again!
    Day 3 & 4: 6 pellets
    Day 5: 8 pellets. Ears popping all day long
    Day 6: 3 pellets. Sick ALL day. Weak, achy muscles, diarrhea, nausea, headache. Herx reaction?
    Day 7: 3 pellets. Felt a little better but still nauseous
    Day 8: 2 pellets. Nauseous and dizziness comes and goes.
    Day 9: 4 pellets today. Nauseous. I think a storm is coming....

Thank you to every one who wrote on this post. You have given me a little hope!

18. Cambur

Cambur New Member

Apr 26, 2016
    I have decided to start taking Lauricidin today. I'm still doing very well with the Valtrex (not 100% vertigo free, but doing so much better). I am about to try to go down to 2X/ day on Valtrex, and would like to take Lauricidin as a backup and immune booster.

I just saw for the first time today about taking Biofiln Enzymes 3 weeks after taking Lauricidin. Are those of you on Lauricidin doing this? What brand and where did you buy it from?

19. Cambur

Cambur New Member

Apr 26, 2016
    typo: "Biofilm not Biofiln"

20. PixieChick

PixieChick Guest

This information is new to me. I am very interested .

I am trying to send a PM to the original poster, but it says they cannot receive PM. What am I doing wrong?