1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

More Info On A Supplement Said To Kill Viruses

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Vicki, Apr 19, 2015.

1. zotjen

zotjen Member

May 12, 2014
    It's been almost three weeks since I started taking Lauricidin. I'm up to half a scoop three times a day. For the past five days, my bad ear has been really bad, I've been having some dizzy spells, and my throat has been bothering me. I've also been under a lot of stress at work which always aggravates my condition, but I'm wondering if this is actually the "die-off" affect. If so, how long is it supposed to last?

2. Wifeandmother

Wifeandmother New Member

May 31, 2016
    I had a die off on the 6th day. I was in bed all day. It felt like I went through a vertigo attack without the actual vertigo spinning! And I was only up to taking 8 pellets/day. But my mom started taking Lauricidin when I did. She was taking 1/4 scoop 3x/day. A week later, she had a sore throat and weak knee joints that lasted 3 or 4 days... so it could possibly be a die off.

3. Wifeandmother

Wifeandmother New Member

May 31, 2016
    I have not heard of that. I will be on Lauricidin for 3 wks tomorrow.... so I'm going to look into it. Where did you hear one is supposed to take Biofilm Enzymes?

4. Keefer Soc Muffin

Keefer Soc Muffin Member

Dec 15, 2015
    UK
    Sounds like die off symptoms! I have been on Monolaurin for about 9 weeks now. I started low and slow but started to feel the benefits from early on. Even going low and slow I had die off symptoms but they were mild and easy to deal with. From early on I experienced quite a few attacks where I experienced every sensation of a spin but without the actual spinning. It would seem this is fairly common initially.

After 6 spin free weeks I experienced a 10 minute spin. This prompted me to up the dose over a period of three or four days from 13 twice a day to 36 twice a day. I then experienced quite bad die off symptoms and a few more spins, but again, the actual spinning didn't last very long at all. I also experienced a few more 'non spinning spins'. I'm now holding it at 36 twice a day until my system settles down again, then I will start upping the dose again but this time more slowly.

It would seem the dose each person needs varies enormously according to your weight, physiology and the underlying cause of symptoms etc. We need to find the individual dose we need to surpress symptoms, then find the maintenance dose that suits us.

It is recommended that you start taking Biofilm enzymes about 3 weeks after being on the full dose that applies to you. I have not yet started them because I have quite a way to go until I'm on the full dose.

It's worth noting that tests have shown that the viral count starts really dropping after about 2.5 months of being on the full dose.

Loads of very useful info here about the above. The website links to lots more additional info on die off and bio films.
    http://www.ppt-health.com/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-see-also-lyme/dosage-and-time-length-for-monolaurin/

http://www.ppt-health.com/monolaurin/2-dosage-for-monolaurin/

Good luck everyone, fingers crossed that we all just keep on improving!

5. PixieChick

PixieChick Guest

I ordered some monolaurin and it was just delivered.

It says on the jar to take with food. Is this necessary for the efficacy of the monolaurin or is it to avoid nausea? I would like to know because I don't eat 3 times a day.

Thanks

6. PixieChick

PixieChick Guest

I did a bit nof research, I think it's a nausea thing, so I'm ok.
    I went into the archives to see if there was any info there, not cluing
    in that the monolaurin is a more recent topic smother was nothing about it there that I could find. I got side tracked and was really impressed with that version of the forum.

This leads me off on to a tangent of remarking on noticing how much more active this forum used to be.

It was wonderful to read the supportive caring posts by so many members.

Sorry for going off, just impatient for an answer to my question, that I eventually resolved on my own . That'll teach me to be so lazy. ;D

7. linda

linda Member

Jul 8, 2015
    MT
    Thanks Keefer for the web sites, very good information! And like you said, May we all keep improving!

8. Keefer Soc Muffin

Keefer Soc Muffin Member

Dec 15, 2015
    UK
    You're welcome linda. I'm sure we will all eventually beat this thing one way or another. Losing is just not a option :)

9. Wifeandmother

Wifeandmother New Member

May 31, 2016
    Thanks for the info, Keefer!

I am up to 20 pellets 3 times/day. It's been 7 wks since my last attack and 6 wks since I started Lauricidin. I am not at the full dosage yet bc I'm taking it slowly. I had die off on the 6th day but never again so far. I only get dizzy in the evenings sometimes (not as bad as before taking). I still have constant ringing. Nausea is gone. Ear pressure and fullness gone. Fatigue gone. Hearing is better.

I really think mine is fungal, systematic yeast. I completely chged my diet 6 wks ago also. I eat no sugar, dairy and gluton! So basically eat meat, veggies, eggs, and some nuts and seeds. I think that has helped speed up my improvements tremendously! It's amazing how one's mental state can chg when feeling better! I was really down 7 wks ago while sitting in the ER with my 4 month old and husband and feeling completely helpless. I am sooo much better today mentally.

Thanks again for everyone's posts! They have helped me get through the worst of times!!

10. prozeal

prozeal Member

May 9, 2015
    I finished a whole tub, got to the point of 3 full scoops 3x per day for a couple of weeks, felt nothing, zero effect. I have absolutely no idea what I have. Tried MAV medication nortryptoline as well for 6 weeks, nadda.

11. zotjen

zotjen Member

May 12, 2014
    I've been on this stuff for at least six weeks now and I'm not sure what to think. I have good days and bad days and I think overall things have improved somewhat, but I still have bad days. By a bad day, I mean that I can't hear much out of my left ear and what I hear is distorted. Occasionally I'll feel a little dizzy but I haven't had a full blown vertigo attack since March, which was well before I started taking Lauricidin. A really bad day can be followed by a really good day (better hearing, less tinnitus, minimal distortion) and vice versa.

I was up to the recommended three scoops per day but then a couple of weeks ago I had a blood test and discovered that my LDL cholesterol had shot up to 161. It's always been a little on the high side but I think the highest it's ever been was 142. My HDL is 52, and while good, is not the best it's been. To make things more confusing, my triglycerides level is 65 which is the lowest I can recall it.

While the general consensus is that monolaurin will lower LDL, I've come across a couple of websites that indicated it could raise it. It should be noted that when I first started taking Lysine (which I still take) which is also supposed to lower LDL, my LDL level went up as well.

At this point I'm going to cut back to one scoop a day to see if anything changes for the better or worse.

12. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    I don't have time to read through all the posts. I started to in the effort to find someone who has tried Monolaurin and who is currently posting on the forum.

I am interested in trying this product but would appreciate corresponding with someone who is currently using it before I invest.

Anyone?