1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Mucinex and menieres

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by thomasandreasen, Mar 20, 2020.

1. thomasandreasen

thomasandreasen New Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Hi, I have been a menieres sufferer since august 2009. Been coping with my symptoms okay in the last years. However, I have had some problems with my sinuses in the last 4 months, which has aggravated my symptoms regarding hearing, tinnitus and hyperacusis. I was recommended to try Mucinex for my sinus issues. I took them only for a day - 4 pills in total - almost 10 days ago. It dried out my sinuses, and I did not feel afterwards. However, 4-5 days after stopping taking the pills my symptoms on hearing, tinnitus and hyperacusis have been all time high. The last 3 days especially I have suffered like never before.

1) Anyone else with this experience after taking Mucinex. I took a really low dose, only 4 pills, so could this be the reason for my symptoms aggravating, and if, would these symptoms subside and go back to normal after some time?

Best regards
    Thomas