1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

My ears Are Making A Lot Of Noise Today

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Vicki, May 15, 2014.

1. Vicki

Vicki Guest

Might be the weather/allergies here in NYC but boy oh boy I got a ton of high pitched ringing and hissing going on in my ears today. Very overcast and high humidity, 100% here. Anyone else's ears acting up today more than usual?

2. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    No, but humidity and pressure changes can cause problems. No chance you were exposed to any other irritants iis there? Usually my T ws low roaring type but I had that loud high pitched happen when I slept in a room with a brand new bedstand from target that had a strong odor of varnish. I used some flonase and stayed away from it and the high pitched horn like T went away in about a day

3. Vicki

Vicki Guest

Thanks June, I was thinking along those lines this morning too. Wondering if I ate something that could be causing it but glad you brought up about an irritant because I am very sensitive to smells and such. and now that I am thinking I washed the dining room floor after dinner and my husband filled the bucket and put in way too much pine sol, the smell was killing me and still is, I don't think my ears were acting up before that. It started last night and still this morning. hmmm I wonder if that could be why, or it could be the weather. But it is very noisey in my head atm but so far no dizziness or a pending vertigo feeling.
    I think I will turn on all my air purifiers and see if they help.

4. zotjen

zotjen Member

May 12, 2014
    I do have days where my tinnitus is worse than others. Today it's back to it's usual low level but yesterday and the day before it was louder than normal. I've never associated the weather with increases in volume. I'm close enough to NYC as I live in NJ and work in Hoboken. As I mentioned in another post, lack of sleep sometimes seems to cause it. I think stress also affects it as well as certain noises.

5. Vicki

Vicki Guest

thanks for your reply :)

This is unusual for me except when I am sick or I ate something high in arginine or even inhaled some irritant as June pointed out or weather/allergies or a loud sound can set mine off.

But I did rinse out the mop more to get that smell off it and turned on my air purifiers and used a saline spray, the tinnitus seems to be lower since I did all that.

6. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I was going to recommend you increase your AV dosage.

7. Vicki

Vicki Guest

Thanks Bulldog, I usually do not sure why I didn't this time I guess because I do not feel dizzy at all or unbalanced just noisy ears. But I will try that, but it is a bit better now but not at my normal level which is low.

8. Mine is louder today and I'm thinking it's the weather. Hope yours get better, Vicki.

9. Vicki

Vicki Guest

Thank you Fair2partlycloudy I hope yours does too! But I am thankful and happy I have no dizziness or vertigo, but my ears are still louder than normal but not as bad as they were earlier. It is extremely humid here.

10. nicmger

nicmger Member

May 12, 2014
    Humid and thunderstorms/heavy rain here too. Hope you are better tomorrow!

11. Vicki

Vicki Guest

thank you nicmger ! I hope you are doing well!

12. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    I hope you start feeling better. It could have been the pine sol but I think it's more likely the bad weather coming. Rain always affects my ears.