1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Never Give Up Folks...Happy ending

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bulldogs, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    There was a time i thought my life was over. I wanted to die and was afraid to leave the house at times for fear of the beast hitting me. The Laby saved my life a little over 10 years ago. Don’t be scared of slaying the beast. I live a normal life now. Taken yesterday in Mexico on kids spring Break. We’re gonna make it.

74AAD6EF-932F-4EE7-A0D6-A7AB67EDAC19.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Beautiful picture, beautiful family, wonderful life! So happy for you Joe.

3. Biffer

Biffer Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Thanks for the positive vibe!!

4. Mustang1

Mustang1 Member

Jun 21, 2019
    Upstate NY
    I had those thoughts too, had my laby back in August 2019 after many vertigo attacks and one drop attack. My world stopped spinning on that day,(lol) back to work and play 100%. Life is good!

• Like Like x 2
  5. AdamsSpinningWorld

AdamsSpinningWorld New Member

Mar 31, 2021
    I am new so what is Laby?

6. Rubygirl

Rubygirl Member

Oct 4, 2020
    Hi Adam. Welcome. "Laby" stands for labrinthectomy - a surgical procedure on the inner ear. It improves vertigo but will destroy hearing in that ear so it's a trade off and usually a last resort type option when nothing is helping the vertigo...

7. Biffer

Biffer Member

Aug 6, 2020
    When I first got diagnosed I was told it was an option. At that point I had not suffered any vertigo so thought the doc was nuts. Lose my hearing permanently?? No way. But when lying on the floor unable to move and pucking non stop... it doesn't seem like such a bad option after all. Hopefully it does not come to that for me. As it is I lose my hearing in the ear a few times a year but it always comes back. I would hate to lose it for good.

Does that operation also get rid of the tinnitus? It seems to me I was told it would.

8. Mustang1

Mustang1 Member

Jun 21, 2019
    Upstate NY
    I do have tinnitus in the dead ear, on a scale of 10 it's about a 3, it's very tolerable. I wear a set of cross-over hearing aids that help in most instances, but can't determine direction of sound of course. After suffering 18 months of ongoing vertigo, the laby was the biggest decision in my life, and it was the best thing I ever did.

• Like Like x 1