1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

New method explored to improve herpes treatment -Virus Biophysics

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by JonBubo, Aug 31, 2021.

1. JonBubo

JonBubo Active Member

Apr 11, 2019
    This may have been posted before but I searched and didnt see a link. (see below)

As many of you know, the chief challenge with the current pharma meds for HSV (herpes simplex virus) are that they are very specific not broad based. Herpes infections of the inner ear have been found in an overwhelming number of Meniere's patients (90% +).
    Currently, the best method for treating that one aspect of Meniere's to relieve symptoms is a broad based natural & pharma approach. A pharma and one or more of the naturals (oregano oil, olive leaf or even monolaurin) works better than just tkaing a pharma alone.

Dr's don't embrace doing both or even either at times. Most ENT's deny any benefit which we as patients know is false and are left to explore that part of treatment ourselves or with a willing open minded Dr.

This new method they are exploring still does not treat other pathogens which the naturals do (candida mold, parasites, and other viruses). However, it seeks to treat the DNA inside the HSV cells not just a specific set of proteins. It is more broad based (just in regards to herpes not other pathogens) and would reduce the herpes resistance we see when ONLY doing a pharma. Herpes resistance being that the drug wears off if not accompanied by a natural or taking a break for months. A good read. Have no clue where they are - this was just July of last year.

Researchers discover new method to treat herpes viruses

• Like Like x 1
  2. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Very interesting, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  3. EkkoMusic

EkkoMusic Member

Jul 26, 2021
    Agreed, hope this has developed since!

4. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    I was not aware of the "drug resistance" aspect of AVs. I wonder if switching from Valacyclovir to Famvir and back would outsmart the resistance? Many of us have been taking a maintenance dose of AV for years. Same pill day after day, afraid to take a break.

5. JonBubo

JonBubo Active Member

Apr 11, 2019
    probably wouldn't do much as all 3 versions (fami, vala, acyc) go after same proteins. by far, adding a broad spectrum antiviral like a zinc with quercetin combo or one of olive leaf, oregano oil or monolaurin would hit not only the viruses but also other pathogens which we know menieres patients have a highly proven correlation. these also raise symptoms so you get another front to fight on.

6. IvanNew

IvanNew Member

Jan 18, 2021
    While they developing and selling a new broad-looking VA immune to resistance (this could take 10 or more years) it seems that the best idea is to take a VA and reinforce it with lysine, zinc, vitamin C and vitamin D.

7. JonBubo

JonBubo Active Member

Apr 11, 2019
    any reasons why you don't like the stronger antivirals to go along with the pharma?
    I certainly wouldn't call that the 'best' or certainly most potent pairing...
    but thats better than doing the pharma alone.

8. EkkoMusic

EkkoMusic Member

Jul 26, 2021
    This is what I hope to master an understanding of. I do not know if there is actually any sensitization or desensitization when taking antiviral medication—I haven't found much about it in the literature, but would love to hear self-reports.

Is it wise to stop at some point to stave off resistance? Is stopping a bad idea that could trigger a relapse that brings permanent damage? I do not know.

9. JonBubo

JonBubo Active Member

Apr 11, 2019
    There is a lot published about antiviral desensitization of this class of antivirals. If you are finding it tough to search for I will be happy to help you. I have a full research pass with the Harvard library and more Just DM me. this is also true of other pathogens like candida, mold, parasites and bacteria. here's a search tidbit to get you started:
    See keywords: biofilms. metals and viruses (using metals in our bodies to defeat attempt by antivirals to suppress them.)
    Doubt you will ever master it as many spend their lifetimes in cellular biology and never stop learning.

I would say its wise to stop for 3 months a year IF AND ONLY IF you never take an alternate form of antiviral. If you diversify the approach and hit the pathogens from many chemical angles they have little way of building multi faceted resistance.

Now then, I do stop for 3 months a year and I take others while I cease acyclovir. this is just my safe way to maximize effect for HSV BUT ALSO get benefits for the other non HSV type viruses (mold bacteria parasites etc) and to best insure my liver kidneys get a break from the pharma. Although no real reports have been published regarding an issue with liver damage even over decades of use.

Why 90 days? Upon studying research and education and biology you will find any cell has a life span usually of days to weeks but the DNA of a virus can be passed on (replicated) to their child cells time and time again for many generations. once the new cells have adapted to the environment they start losing the ability to fight against the old inherited info by it being replaced with new info.

In regards to stopping yes, stopping ALL HSV and other antivirals is a very poor idea. but stopping the pharma while rotating in and maintaining others is just fine and much better for success overall.
    People generalize and say 'you never get rid of herpes' 'you can never defeat herpes. this is not really true cept in the technical sense.
    Upon studying clinical success in Europe and growing my gnosis of viruses, patients who treat this way (using many antivirals not one specific type) tested yearly and reported their blood work to be low or.... bereft of any trace of HSV.
    And...they reported once arriving at this reality, that their symptoms were either gone or seriously lessened. This does not mean it disappeared from the body entirely but that the viral load was significantly reduced.

That is why we are here. Not for some technical milestone but to feel better and manage our lives. You dont need to eradicate viruses entirely to live well and prosper.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020
    question? if i decide to take olive leaf,oregano oil and monolaurin, should i stop using the JOH regimen?

11. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    There is no conflict. Those agents don't negatively affect my regimen. Try all of them, adding one new element at a time. See what works.

--John of Ohio

• Like Like x 1
  12. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020
    I will do so, thanks

13. JonBubo

JonBubo Active Member

Apr 11, 2019
    What he said. :)

14. DownUnderSpin

DownUnderSpin New Member

Jul 28, 2021
    I thought I read a post in here a while back that said you shouldn't take olive leaf and lysine together, and to only take one of them. Is that still the case??

15. JonBubo

JonBubo Active Member

Apr 11, 2019
    That isn't a big issue. Both have much different mechanisms. However, I would love to see any research that demonstrates a conflict that we should worry about.

16. Punture

Punture Member

Sep 4, 2021
    I found an old thread here (Lysine vs Olive Leaf Extract) where JOH mentioned that the two may cancel each other in the blood stream. He quoted this article: Herbal Health Report: Olive Leaf Extract Regains Interest as a Superb Anti-microbial Agent

It seems it is not just Lysine that interferes with it, but essentially most of the amino acids (ie. don't take it with food). Knowing this information, it seems olive leaf extract has a serious issue with bioavailability as there are always going to be aminoacids in your blood stream.. they are the building blocks of protein. I would recommend definitely spacing OLE away from L-Lysine and food if you want to try it though. Maybe take L-Lysine 1-2 hr before meal and OLE 1-2 hr after meal or vice versa.

17. JonBubo

JonBubo Active Member

Apr 11, 2019
    thank you for the find on the chiropractic article. take lysine at a different time from OLE. done.

OLE has amazing resilience and benefits but the suggestion it doesn't work because there are amino acids in your body is not factual. also there are OLE supplements now that greatly outweigh the 0-5% that was previous in this 1997 article. many OLE supplements available with 25% or greater now. best to start with a 5-8% of your first time but its ok to take one of the stronger take at night to sleep off any herx.

I guarantee you well made olive leaf is nothing to shrink at. thats why we say to go slowly and increase after at least a few days of a small dosage.