1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

New symptom... advise please

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Roguehistorian, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Roguehistorian

Roguehistorian Sans Souci

May 13, 2014
    Near the Mountians
    Just when I think I have it all under control, I have a new symptom...

I was scrolling in a document on the computer today and had a "mini-spin". Now I feel all yucky and sickly. I've had trouble at the movies before, but never in front of the computer. My ears have been ringing louder for weeks now, so I know there is something up. This past weekend we went to Charleston for our 5th wedding anniversary (YAY) and I got motion sick on both the carriage ride and the swing on the pier. I made the mistake of closing my eyes for a second, and boy was I sick.
    We have eaten lots of junk, and that makes a difference, and I know the weather changes over the last couple of weeks have affected me too.

The computer thing is very new. VERY. So Im sitting here at work trying to be all cool, but even turning my head fast is giving me a fit today. Anyone else had trouble with scrolling?

Thanks

2. nicmger

nicmger Member

May 12, 2014
    I have had that happen - typically I get up and walk around for a minute or so. I definitely have more issues with it when the weather is crazy and/or my sinus issues are acting up.

3. Roguehistorian

Roguehistorian Sans Souci

May 13, 2014
    Near the Mountians
    scared me because I have been doing really well here lately, then the weather got wonky and now some things that haven't bothered me in a while or ever, are bothering me

4. BayMama

BayMama Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Do you know if you have MAV (migraine associated vertigo--as I understand this is a common additional issue for people with Meniere's)? I was getting vertigo using the computer frequently. It turned out I was have MAV triggered by eyestrain. I got new glasses and it helped tremendously.

5. Vicki

Vicki Guest

I agree with bytheBay, scrolling and computer triggered symptoms are indicative of MAV, many of us including myself have both. having migraine associated vertigo, does not necessarily mean you actually get migraines, you can have MAV w/o headaches. Check out the database with MAV info.