1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

new to forum.not new to menieres.dexamethasone.need advice

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by d .all, Sep 20, 2020.

1. d .all

d .all New Member

Sep 20, 2020
    new to forum so lets introduce myself . my name is dave from manchester uk .45years old and diagnosed with menieres for 6 ish years. have tried every medication my e.n.t can use to no joy . after my last descussion with my e.n.t was ofered dexamethasone injections .my question to other forum members is.does it work? and if so for how long .is it painfull ? any bad side effects? curently taking betahistine and stemetil

2. bob_

bob_ New Member

Oct 21, 2018
    Hi Dave, welcome.

Dexamethazone injections can work to get attacks under control. I did a series of injections, every two weeks, four injections total. Your ENT may give you a numbing shot, which means the dex injection is t painful. The whole process is quite uncomfortable, as you have to lie still for 20-30 minutes without swallowing to keep the solution in your ear.

I didn’t experience any side effects. The danger I was warned of is that your eardrums may have trouble growing back.

I believe these injections work for a few weeks and may help slow down or stop a series of menieres attacks.

Good luck!