1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Nice Summary of research that is happening

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by James, Jun 23, 2019.

1. James

James ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

May 12, 2014
    https://labiotech.eu/interviews/hearing-loss-tinnitus-vertigo-auris-medical/

It's a bit dated but it's still giving me hope.
    I found a bottle of Betahistine(Serc) and am going to start taking it again to see if it can help with my current hearing loss.

Reading this maybe I should just snort it?

''We use betahistine, a drug that has been around since the 1960s in oral form. But its oral bioavailability is very low, of about 1%. Nowadays, nobody would seek to develop a drug with such a low bioavailability, because it implies a lot of variability from patient to patient. But by delivering betahistine through the nose, we could give a very significant boost to its efficacy.''

http://www.hearingreview.com/2017/0...tranasal-betahistine-developed-auris-medical/

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    Thanks for posting the article. It is hopeful.

3. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Another Company that is focusing on developing medicines to help people with Menieres and other related hearing issues is Otonomy, based in the US. They have multiple medicines in various stages of trials. Hopefully soon one of these companies will find a ground breaking medicine to help us all.
    OTIVIDEX™ - Otonomy

4. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I heard about this one a while back and kept going back to check the site to see if there was anything new. I remember reading a couple of years ago that trials had been discontinued, but apparently it is back in trials. The founder of this company, Jay Lichter, has Meniere's himself.