1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

North Star stopped making Famvir - what other brands?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Gardengal, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    Okay guys, I have been using Northstar only rxs for about 3 years. They aren’t going to make Famvir anymore. I need to fill my script. What is working for ppl? The pharmacy wants to fill with Camber but after a quick search everyone said their symptoms came back... what and where do you guys fill other brands?

2. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    False alarm. It seems that Northstar still produces it, it is on backirder for who knows how long. Hopefully first of the year. I’ll try another brand until then.

3. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hi, I had the same problem. I switched to Northstar Valtrex and am feeling good again.

4. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    Really? You just went from Famvir back to valtrex and feeling good? This thought crossed my mind today. Might do it! Let me know!

5. Speedyhaze

Speedyhaze New Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Worthing United Kingdom
    I have never heard of these meds?? Maybe because they are not available in UK? I only ever use Betahistine that done nothing for me at all or Stemitil and Arlevert . Of course some meds are given different names in different countries.

6. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    Speedy. They are antivirals. If you cannot get antivirals in UK, you can order the natural ones, ie Monolaurin or olive leaf extract. There is also the JOH protocol with Lysine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Speedyhaze

Speedyhaze New Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Worthing United Kingdom
    Thank you, that's very good to know, I will probably have to order in as my GP will not prescribe anti viral for some reason.

8. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Yes. I was on northstar Famvir then my pharmacy switched me to televa fam (not sure if that’s correct spelling I out of town and don’t remember the exact name) I got really sick again heavy vertigo attacks and constant nausea , I then hunted down the northstar Valtrex and started Oct. 17th, last week I finally got relief after about 5 weeks of constant nausea. It’s working! I’m going to write out a whole post about my experience since 2017 and what I’m currently taking for relief.

9. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    Look forward to the post. Thanks for this info! So glad you are feeling better!

10. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    Famvir generic is no longer made by Northstar. It is discontinued.

Any other ppl take Famvir generic that they like?