1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Northstar Antivirals

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Blakeh, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hello, If anyone is getting Northstar and paying cash, can you please pm me your pharmacy. The cost has gone up in my state. Any help would be appreciated. I’m desperate.

Thank you Thank you.

2. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Sorry, Blakeh, I get it at Savon Pharmacy but insurance pays most of it. Northstar has a distributor (I cannot think of the name but a google search would probably reveal it). Perhaps contacting the distributor directly may help defer some of the cost. Best of luck!

3. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    You probably already tried this but...Did you check online for pharmacy coupons, from sites like goodx? I have got some good deals for my thyroid medicine that way,

4. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hi Bonlyn, thanks for the response. Yes I do use Goodrx, it appears the state I live in may be the problem. I called a pharmacy out of state and they said they could get me Northstar for reasonable price. They are calling me back tomorrow for exact price. Just Incase that doesn’t work out, are you aware of online pharmacies?

5. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Just an update incase it helps others. I live in FL and after getting good results using northstar fam, the cash cost went up to $800 monthly (typically I paid $125-150 a month).

I just started googling out of state pharmacies and calling asking for pricing on North Star fam, I found a pharmacy in Pennsylvania that had northstar for reasonable price, I was not able to get northstar fam because it was out of stock but I was able to get northstar Valacyclovir . I’m happy that I at least have the right manufacturer. I guess the purpose of this post is to say you can find northstar even if it’s not offered in your area.

6. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    Thanks, Blakeh. That is good to know. Also I was not sure how it worked with honoring out of state prescriptions.

• Like Like x 1