1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.
John of Ohio

Olive Leaf Extract Report --- A Success

1. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Are you trying to say I'm not supposed to be taking LSD for my MM? :eek:

My supplier is not gonna be happy. Dang! :'(

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. fairjon

fairjon New Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Nice work John! Thanks for your research and attention to detail. I might give OLE a try.

3. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Bulldog - do you currently take these? If so....what brand?

I watched a lot of the research...it seems interesting...thanks!

4. johns

johns New Member

Sep 20, 2017
    Good stuff. Thanks John. Sorry if I missed it but should one also stop taking Valacyclovir (as with Lysine) if one chooses to try olive leaf extract?

5. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    I can find no evidence that lysine interferes with or is dangerous with valacyclovir in any way. Lysine is taken by thousands of people with herpes sores, with no posted cautions. Valacyclovir and lysine work against herpes virus activity by very difference mechanisms.

Reasonable chance that, together, they can more effectively reduce herpes activity.

--John of Ohio

6. johns

johns New Member

Sep 20, 2017
    Sorry. The question is: Should I stop taking Valacyclovir if I want to start taking olive leaf extract?

7. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    No. Take them both. OLE can work by itself, of course; needs no other adjunctive substance. But, together, valacyclovir and OLE complicate herpes virus replication in two, diverse ways.

Let us know how this combined therapy works.

--John of Ohio

8. srmophett

srmophett New Member

Feb 12, 2018
    louisiana
    John,
    First of all thanks for all you do, I have been pouring over forums, research papers, vlogs, blogs, etc. for over a year now. ENT told me he suspected MM a couple of years ago. I certainly sympathize with everyone on here, if I had the frequent vertigo and dropsies to go with all the other symptoms I would go insane I believe!

I visited several ENT/Otologist before finaly ending up at Shea Ear in Memphis, TN where I received more testing and some options and explanations of the disease. I received a dstreptomycin/dexamethasone perfusion in my left ear which may or may not give me some relief, the doctor explained this was simply to try and stop the progress and give me some relief, it is not a cure because we must first find cause to get a cure. These treatments could take up to a year for me to see any results but I will keep all posted on progress or lack of.

I realize you are not an MD, just a very dedicated MM sufferer who decided to do something about your condition and stop waiting on the medical world to do so. I want to ask you a question about L-Arginine, I thought I saw in a post where you recommended staying away from it, why, I thought it was a vasodialator and would actually help circulation. The reason I ask is that I have been taking it for about 7 years as part of my blood pressure control, I am currently off of it and have been for a couple of months now, just wondering what your take is on it?

I plan to start Nystatin pretty quickly and the Lysine and begin adding more of your regimen on a weekly basis over the next sixty days and to also add an antiviral once I finish about a months worth of the Nystatin. Would like to try the OLE but I am currently on the anti-coagulant Effient and my blood pressure is pretty well just right right now.

John, thanks again for all you do and any insight yourself or anyone on this forum may have, I think everyone probably has a unique set of symptoms and caused for this disease so all information we can possibly glean from each other is a big contribution.

9. srmophett

srmophett New Member

Feb 12, 2018
    louisiana
    L-arginine---pros and cons?

10. McKannick

McKannick New Member

Mar 6, 2018
    JOH, that's one of several issues I personally have along with our favorite thing (MM). The cherry on top for me is not only normally 'low' BP but must also take warfarin because of artificial heart valve. Since the substance of the leaf is the key here, if one could find olive leaf essential oil (which is typically distilled from the leaves of useful plants for this purpose) do you suppose it would have close to the same effect without the mass of it circulating within your bloodstream raising havoc with these other issues?

11. marie

marie Member

Jan 6, 2017
    John, Thanks for your research.
    I started 680 mg of gaia brand capsule of olive leaf extract with breakfast on Monday; so far no ill effects. I also take Acyclovir 800mg 2 x day but I think I may wean myself off.
    My best to everyone.

12. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    I have no experience or knowledge of any oil extracted from olive leaves. Not sure, either, that the oil would have useful treatment outcomes for MM. Lastly, the amount of OLE (or the oil) may not directly influence blood pressure. These might be signals that could influence BP, unrelated to their concentrations.

Unknowns.

--John of Ohio

13. clearing

clearing Guest

not much of a report yet.....I started on OLE about 3 weeks ago using a tincture but have pills as well for back up supply. this was after the initial die off from monolaurin had eased. even after killing off with monolaurin, It had a strong reaction at first about day 3 (snuck up on me at 2 droppers per day) even felt sick one night... but like was said before, I just dialed it back and am now humming along fine. towards the goal of reducing and eliminating my viral load it definitely seems to be doing the trick. almost 6 weeks in no episodes since beginning both ( but I wont promise everyone will be the same) while i see good reports on not forming biofilms, i will still rotate in other antivirals like oregano oil extract (not the oil itself). as well i have mushroom complex and atragalas and essiac teas to enjoy from time to time. I am in it for the long run and will get an IGG test occasionally. interestingly, the biggest challenge with many of these is standardization and varying strengths. many pharmaceutical companies are developing drugs based on several of these right now. it may take years to see drug trials end. if they release they may have fillers and side effects but one thing is clear - we need to broaden our approach to killing off the virus(es) for our meniere's treatment.

14. Lynne

Lynne Member

Oct 18, 2022
    California

15. Lynne

Lynne Member

Oct 18, 2022
    California

16. Lynne

Lynne Member

Oct 18, 2022
    California