1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Otonomy Update on Clinical Trials today

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by IvanA, Jun 15, 2020.

1. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Otonomy Provides Update on Clinical Trials and Development Programs | Otonomy Inc

A week ago I knew that today they were going to publish the results of their tests, but I said nothing so as not to excite people.

Personally I have been a little disappointed because I expected them to say something conclusive about the injections they are trying for Meniere and that have been in phase 3 (the last) for a year now. What is published is that they open again lists to recruit new patients with whom to test the drug and by the beginning of 2021 publish results (surely March).

A small disappointment aside, we must see the positive side: If they continue to test with more people, it is that to date the product has had to work with at least 40-50%, surely more. I don't think a private company would continue to spend money on a clinical study if it already turned out not to work.

On the other hand, clinical trials for tinnitus and hearing loss continue because for now they have given encouraging results; But these are still in the early stages and it will take 1-2 years at least to have something real.

2. James

James ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

May 12, 2014
    Thanks for sharing this.