1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Pain behind ear

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by AmyE, Jun 29, 2019.

1. AmyE

AmyE New Member

Jun 29, 2019
    I was diagnosed with Meniere's almost 3 years ago in my right ear. The tinnitus is constant and I have hearing loss and wear a hearing aid. Vertigo thankfully has not been that severe. I've only had a few bouts of it. A few days ago, however, I started having pain in my head behind the ear at the base of the head/neck. It's a sharp pain and quite uncomfortable but does come and go. I would love to hear from other sufferers whether they have experienced head pain with Meniere's. From my research, pain is not all that common so I'm certainly concerned and curious.

2. Clare

Clare Active Member

Mar 31, 2018
    My opinion -- that sounds atypical of meniere's to me; worth discussing at least with your primary care doc. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    I never had that symptom. Are you seeing a chiro?

4. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I say see your doctor as well.

5. Ponx54

Ponx54 New Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Yes, I have had this. It lasted for about two weeks. And then stopped..

6. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    I agree, see your doctor. And let us know what comes of this!

I don’t think this is part of my Menieres, but I do get right neck pain that sometimes radiates to my ear, sinuses, head. I think it’s part of wear and tear on my neck, sometimes part of headache/migraine, sometimes comes with barometric pressure changes... the last of which may also trigger my vertigo attacks.

So a possible relationship that way, but pain is definitely not part of Menieres alone.

7. Saera

Saera Active Member

Jul 5, 2019
    I get this. I also have eagles syndrome. Look that up and check with your ENT about it. Good luck!