1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Pen-Paling

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Janny, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Janny

Janny New Member

Dec 2, 2019
    I know I started a thread on journaling but I also pen-pal and wondered if anyone else has this passion also. I have been doing this since a little girl. I am totally fascinated with pen, paper, and expression. In my later years now I have 5 pen-pals. Only one is a computer pal, all the others are pen and paper types. I have about 15 fountain pens, 5 bottles of ink and I am always looking for nice paper to write on. At times I like to illustrate my letters as well to make them more interesting to read. Sharing your life with someone this way can give you something to look forward to, especially if you live alone as I do. Getting a letter delivered in an envelope with a stamp on it brings that joy back that many have lost and others won't experience. If you like the idea of pen-paling there are groups on line where you can find others who have the same passion. It is something else I recommend to help get through the misery of Meniers. Why not try it...Janny

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I don't have any pen pals but I do have several email pals. Email is so much easier and more convenient than writing a letter with pen and paper. Even if I did write a letter, it would be done on the computer and then printed out--so much easier than hand writing a letter. I can't be bothered hand-writing letters.

3. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Janny
    What a lovely idea. I also love the texture of different papers and ink. I used to have pen-pals when I was a kid. I loved getting letters. I might be up for trying this.
    I’ll message you my address
    AnneT

4. Janny

Janny New Member

Dec 2, 2019
    Wonderful Anne...it does bring out long buried excitement just from putting a stamp on an envelope or seeing one in the mail box and having that expectation of what lies hidden inside on the paper. To sit and write is to sit and think and in thinking we put down our experiences and emotions. All in all it is a beautiful way to share a life and to have smiles you would not normally have. I am very thrilled you want to write....Janny