1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

People wanted for trial study for unilateral Meniere's. See link below

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by yanksgirl, May 14, 2014.

1. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    http://menieresdiseasestudy.com/3.htm

I got this in my email--so if you're interested, check it out. I have all the symptoms but the vertigo. Have not had that since my shunt surgery. Also, probably am too old for it, but I don't know really--because all I did was check out the map showing all the places where the study is taking place. So, if anyone is interested, I copied and pasted it 'above'.
    yanksgirl

2. Linda Lou

Linda Lou Diagnosed with Meniere's in March 2014

May 13, 2014
    Pasadena, CA
    I applied for this study and talked to a research nurse. She thinks I qualify. I'm going to ask the physical therapist I see for my vertigo and see what she thinks about it. She has her doctorate in physical therapy and specializes in vestibular disorders. She knows more about Meniere's than my doctors do! (By the way, she thinks I will be helped by retraining my brain to cope with the uncoordinated signals between my eyes and ears. Hope so!)

3. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    So glad you were accepted--please keep us posted. Hope others here see this and find it helpful. I have not applied since I am probably too old--and have had surgery, and no vertigo. So just wanted to post it so others might 'check it out'! :)