1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Questions to ask ENT/Neurotologist

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Seraphim, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Seraphim

Seraphim New Member

Jan 14, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Hello all,

First time poster! I also wanted to say thank you to everyone who engages in this forum, I just found it a couple of days ago and it's great to have a place to hear from others and to learn things.

I'm currently 33 years old and was diagnosed by an ENT 3.5 years ago with Meniere's Disease. My 2nd ENT just referred me to a Neurotologist which I'm seeing in 2 days.

My current logic is to discuss gentamicin shots but are there any other questions I should ask or tests I should inquire about. Just seeing if there's any helpful questions or things I should ask for besides the standard "help me please" type stuff.

Thank You!

2. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Before you decide to apply destructive techniques, I suggest the less invasive, less permanant possibilities 1st. Have you explored the possibility of MAV. I was in discussions and testing to ready me for a laby when a VNG test indicated normal vestibular function. My neuro started treating me for MAV. After that, I have been vertigo free for almost 6 months. Read Buchholz's "Heal your Headache". It's a quick read, 9$ on my kindle. Funny thing is, I never really had head aches. Cleaning up my diet was a major factor as was controlling sodium level, water consumption and ensuring I get a balanced vitamin intake. Welcome to the forum!