1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Quotes

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by BumbleBea, May 13, 2015.

1. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    "With a new day comes strengths and new thoughts."

Eleanor Roosevelt

2. I became strong when you set me free. And I became even stronger when I let you go.

3. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    "Cooper can you please stop throwing your clothes at me and telling me your not going to school today, I told you, your not having an ice cream sandwhich for breakfast"

5 minutes later:

"Cooper are you done with your meltdown, come in and eat your waffles"

Bulldogs conversation 2 days a week with his nephew at 7:00 in the morning.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    " Believe you can and you're halfway there."

Theodore Roosevelt

5. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    The trick is to not let people know how out of your goddamn mind you are until it's too late for them to back out.

Rebel Circus

6. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it.

Laurence J. Peter

What is originality? Undetected plagerism.

Dean Inhe

Originality implies being bold enough to go beyond the expected norm.

Anthony Storr

7. Good things come to those that wait

:)

8. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Lifesavers

The children began to identify the flavors by color
    Red-cherry
    Yellow-lemon
    Green-lime
    Orange- orange

Finally the teacher gave them all honey lifesavers.
    None of the children could identify the taste.
    The teacher said, "I will give you all a clue, it's what your mother may sometimes call your father."
    One little girl looked up in horror, spit out her lifesaver,and yelled, "Oh My God,! They're assholes!"

The teacher had to leave the room.

Hey, BD!!

9. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Be happy for this moment.
    This moment is your life.

Omar
    Kayyam

10. daBronx

daBronx Member

May 13, 2014
    "Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life".

~Confucius\
    551-479 BC

11. B$tchcraft

The art of pissing people off while smiling sweetly.

:)

12. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Now where did I hear that before??

Oh, you're definitely a founding member!

:p

13. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    I may seem quiet and reserved but if you mess with my cats I will bring out a level of crazy that will make your nightmares seem like a happy place?

14. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    It is better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.

15. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Common sense is a flower that doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

16. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Friends get better with age.

17. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    I couldn't be fake about anything even if I tried.
    My facial expressions wouldn't allow it.

18. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    "Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar", every "supreme leader", every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there - on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known."

~Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot~

19. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Marry your best friend in life who makes you laugh because there will be challenges lust and a pretty face just won't do you any good.

Bulldogs

15 minutes ago on New Smyrna Beach when asked by his 35 year old single brother about the keys to a happy marriage.

20. That's great BD