1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Quotes

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by BumbleBea, May 13, 2015.

1. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Marriage is when a man looses his Bachelor's degree and a woman gains her Masters degree!!

2. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    LMAO!!

Saw this coming!! Fair, you owe me!

3. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    The next time a bully asks you for your lunch money, tell him you left it on his mothers dresser!!

4. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    *gasps*

You did NOT go there, roflmao!

5. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    When I married Ms. Right it never occurred to me her first name was Always!!

6. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    They don't teach you everything you need to know in high school!

This coming from...

Mrs. Always Right!

7. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    My wife told her friend " my husband wears the pants in the family but she controls the zipper!!

I'll be back on later tonight, not having a good night!!

8. Bahaha! Love this.

9. Love thy neighbor

10. paisley

paisley Guest

Where ever you go, there you are.

..... no idea who said it originally but I love it. Words to live by.

11. daBronx

daBronx Member

May 13, 2014
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.

~Elbert Hubbard(Writer(1856-1915)

12. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    I know that one and I like it.

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. Sell it and go shopping with the money you made.

14. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

15. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

Bernard Williams

16. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Marriage thoughts of yours? Or perhaps a car spotting this common bumper sticker happened to catch your attention while you were sitting there philosophising?

17. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    "Don't flatter yourself" is a common catchphrase, Bea. It's fantastically ironic that you've chosen to ascribe said phrase to Kid Rock.

18. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    That would be the political theorist, teacher & philosopher, Confucius. If not Gautama Buddha.

19. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Mark 12:31 is perhaps among the most misattributed quotes of the 19th century. Similar to the injunction not to do to others as you wouldn't want them to do to you, the instruction to do right by your neighbour - now commonly known as The Golden Rule - doesn't in fact originate from the Sermon on the Mount or Christianity. Nor yet Jesus meek & mild. Rather it is adumbrated by the Babylonian rabbi, Hillel, in summery of the Torah (Leviticus 19:18 specifically), & it is to be found in The Analects of Confucious, too.

20. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Keeping themes of misrepresentation I present The Opium of the People by Carl Marx. The opening of his Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless condition. It is the opium of the people"

If the most misrepresented quote of modern times isn't bestowed upon Nietzsche's Blond Beats, Shakespeare's Sonnet 18, or Einstein's "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind" it is potentially awarded here, as it goes on even more beautifully in closing to say;

"Criticism has plucked the imaginary flowers on the chain not in order that man shall continue to bear that chain without fantasy or consolation, but so that he shall throw off the chain & pluck the living flower."

This is in fact where Marx analogues opium not as a comforting medicine or crutch, but rather the illness necessary to sell itself a cure - smilier to a co-dependant ballet insisting infantilisation so to ensure the apparent gift of a narcissistic lead - & rendering atheists not as dogmatists, but rather those transcending the illusory bondage of superstition & supernaturalism.