1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Really Nauseous no spin, any one had this happen?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Roguehistorian, May 19, 2014.

1. Roguehistorian

Roguehistorian Sans Souci

May 13, 2014
    Near the Mountians
    Yesterday my hubby and I went to Zaxbys for brunch before going grocery shopping. I was eating a zensations zalad (which is SO good btw) and suddenly got exceptionally nauseous. It lasted for about two or three minutes then passed. I didn't spin, but felt really off balance and peculiar for the rest of the day. Once the nausea passed I ate the rest of my food and we went over to Wal-Mart. I felt really strange, as if I'd had a big spin. I was tired and yucky feeling. When we got home, we put away the groceries and I slept for three hours. I felt much better after I slept, but it was the darned-est thing. I's not had my medicine, and since we were working on moving over the past several weeks, I've not taken my meds every day like I should.

Was this some kind of spin without spinning?

2. nicmger

nicmger Member

May 12, 2014
    That is kind of like what I was going thru for all of April. I was off balance and sick to my stomach 24/7. Couple of weeks in from that I noticed that after I blinked my vision/eyes would rotate right (kind of like the start of a spin) and upon blinking revert to straight. It was horrible. Hindsight...I probably should have went to the doctor because I probably had some sort of infection. I was very tired during that time as well and think that it was simply exhausting my system to keep be from not spinning.

I hope today is better for you.

3. Karenplus8

Karenplus8 Active Member

May 12, 2014
    ohio
    Yes, I get this ALL the time! More so when a weather change happens or I get into chemicals that make me itch.

4. Vicki

Vicki Guest

When I first started taking an AV I had the same thing happen, I felt like I had a vertigo attack only w/o the vertigo, then got real sleepy as I always do after an attack, fell asleep and woke up feeling better.

The other thought came to my mind, maybe you had an allergic reaction to something in the salad/food you ate. Allergic food reactions can and do involve nausea.

5. Roguehistorian

Roguehistorian Sans Souci

May 13, 2014
    Near the Mountians
    Its possible it was a reaction, but after I finished the salad I wasn't nauseated as much as just feeling bad

6. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Sometimes I get that mid-grade nausea, just a little off when turning my head, without the full blown vertigo. I'm not sure if it's a migraine-equivalent or a mild Meniere's progression, but I think it tends to be during weather changes and other migraine trigger times for me.

Sometimes Clonazepam or Gravol helps.

It certainly makes life feel long... mindfulness (keeping in the now, trying to notice things that are here and now) and meditation have helped me cope, but it's still not easy. Hang in there.