1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Sauteed Green and Gold

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by Gman, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Gman

Gman New Member

Aug 24, 2022
    Itś growing season and the garden is abundant with fresh veggies! Here´s a recipe I came up with on the fly for Zucchini and Summer Squash one evening. I used a commercial Creole / Cajun Seasoning with salt in it so just a dash or two but I am going to try making a batch of the Creole / Cajun Seasoning that California Sun posted and make this again soon. (WAAAAY too much Zucchini and Summer Squash this year!) You can also try making your own Roasted Red Peppers or use the ones in a jar, depends on how ¨salt free¨ you are. (Gas stove, turn on the burner, skewer the red pepper, and blister the pepper like a marshmallow.) Just be careful not to burn yourself. Enjoy!
    Sauteed Green and Gold
    Yield: 4-6 Servings Time: About 30 minutes
    Ingredients
    1 Medium Zucchini Diced
    1 Medium Yellow Squash Diced
    1½ Cups of Mushrooms Quartered
    ¾ Cup Roasted Red Pepper Strips Chopped
    2 Dashes Creole Seasoning
    ⅛ tsp. Cracked Black Pepper Corns
    2 Tbsp Olive Oil or Unsalted Butter
    10-12 Fresh Basil Leaves for garnish
    Preparation
    - In a large skillet over medium heat melt the butter or heat the olive oil.
    - Toss in the diced Zucchini and Yellow Squash and saute (cook) for five minutes. Add in the quartered mushrooms and continue to toss the veggies in the skillet to evenly coat and heat.
    - As the veggies begin to brown, toss in the chopped roasted red peppers and continue to toss all together. Heat until the zucchini and squash are tender and hot all the way through. About 10 minutes.
    - Remove from heat, lightly season with Creole seasoning, cracked pepper corns and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
    - Serve hot at the table right from the skillet.