1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Scary afternoon yesterday, thoughts/suggestions?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Autumninthefall, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Autumninthefall

Autumninthefall Active Member

Aug 10, 2019
    I've been really proud of myself because I've ramped up my exercise over the last week. I did really well, no dizzy/vertigo until yesterday. I came back inside my house after walking my dog so, 2 miles by noon, high humidity, and as soon as I removed my shoes I got vertigo. I grabbed the doorway to keep from falling, and it only lasted a few seconds, but it scared me. I took a small amount of valium(not enough to make me tired; been prescribed long time), but was still wiped out afterward. I was hydrated...any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

2. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    I don't quite understand what you are asking. I mean I don't know if you've tried the recommended things here for 6 months or more and are looking for new ones. If you have not tried anything, in the database you have things to try I am on the JOH regimen plus monolaurin plus vitamin B complex; And Wednesday I start osteopathy in case my problem is cervical.

Also I go to take iron, but this is because I have read that its lack can cause headaches, dizziness and tinnitus; in addition to a drop in red blood cells and therefore worse oxygenation of the body and especially of capillary areas such as the inner ear. I don't think iron is generally the problem of people with meniere; but it is something that I want to discard because taking stock of my life the last five or six years I think I may be lacking because:
    -I have hardly taken vitamin C (helps iron absorption)
    -Drank a lot of coffee, especially on meals (slows absorption)
    -I did not eat too much red meat or viscera, nor vegetables or legumes with iron.

If none of this works I will add olive leaf to the regimen and I have been reading about garlic which also has antibiotic and antiviral functions, is a powerful antioxidant for the ear and improves circulation. There are 500mg garlic capsules, they are heavy on the stomach; but it can be another compound to try if nothing works. And of course, I still have antivirals to try; But it is difficult to explain to the doctors that I want herpes antivirals for an ear problem, in general they do not like patients who "know" and I do not think that saying that unknown people from a meniere forum have told me will work.

In any case, how many vertigo attacks have you had in the last year and how long? One attack a year does not hurt and less if it is for so few seconds, without headaches and without attacks of strong dizziness for two months or hyperacusis which was what happened to me.

PS: My mother called a clairvoyant desperate for my condition and the letters told her I have nothing, just stress. o_O

3. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    We're proud of you too!

Mm, how did you remove your shoes?

While standing & keeping your head relatively still, did you remove your shoes by applying pressure to the heel of one with the toe tip of the other, or did you bend down to remove them with your hands?

Have you experienced benign paroxysmal positional vertigo in the past?

A possible long shot, however I experience sporadic episodes of vertigo with a half-life of roughly 1-2 seconds when I incorporate either almonds/almond milk or peanuts/peanut butter into my diet.

If I remember correctly peanuts (& possibly almonds too) are MAV trigger foods, & you love your peanut butter, oui?

Have you increased your peanut butter intake recently?

What of your blood glucose level? Did you eat a balanced breakfast that morning, or was it limited to the coffee you snorted out your nose? *chuckles

Keep walking the hound if at all possible. Or have the hound drag you the two miles if you're willing. It will be good for her/his wellbeing, & your grip strength.

4. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    If you have vergigo positional (BPPV) you can check this: I now no longer suffer (BPPV) thanks to Vitamin K2. 100% free of vertigo.

Although there is says vitamin K2, I recommend taking vitamin D3 + K2 (there are supplements with both). Make sure it's vitamin D3 and K2, D2 and K1 are poorly absorbed.

It is best to take supplements, but if you prefer vitamin D it can be generated by sunbathing, without sun protection on hands and face for 20 minutes. 10 minutes or less if you expose more skin to the sun such as legs, chest, arms, back, etc. Obviously, depending on the type of skin you have to be careful not to burn yourself, start little by little until you are brown and not overexpose yourself because without cream you can burn or develop skin cancer in the long term.

The time I indicate is for a person with normal white skin, Nordic white people need much less time, Latinos a little more time, black people I think needed an hour. This also influences when putting on a dark one, I in March with 5-10 minutes already fulfilled; But now that I am dark I need 20-30 minutes, which I distribute over various areas of the body so as not to overexpose myself.