1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Serious injury from drop attack

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by tdoak, Nov 26, 2017.

1. marie

marie Member

Jan 6, 2017
    tdoak
    how are you
    you've been thru so much - my heart goes out to you

2. tdoak

tdoak Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    Hi Marie,

Surviving, barely. Currently on a night dose of oral steroids and weekly injections to try and recover my hearing. I try to keep a positive attitude, there is always someone worse off.

3. Clare

Clare Active Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Travis, I hope the steroids help and the side effects aren't too bad. Has the surgery decreased the vertigo over the past month?

4. marie

marie Member

Jan 6, 2017
    tdoak
    i can't imagine :eek:; i'll concentrate on wishing you some peace in your soul and healing from medical problems

5. tdoak

tdoak Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    I have not had any full rotational vertigo since my surgery, but I had gone 5 months without full vertigo before the surgery. It is 4 weeks since surgery and all my symptoms are worse. Hoping in another month I will not be able to say that.

6. marie

marie Member

Jan 6, 2017
    glad you're hopeful hope is a wonderful thing
    i'm sorry that suffered so much

7. Tess

Tess New Member

Jul 4, 2018
    Hi, I'm new here. I just got my diagnosis of MD a week ago so I'm reading up on everything I can. I have been totally wrapped up with your journey tdoke. Can you update us? Id really like to know how you're doing,

8. tdoak

tdoak Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    Hi Tess,

After a round of a high dose of steroids most of my hearing came back to pre surgery levels. However it is stil not good. I have not any full rotational vertigo attacks since surgery, but have had a few minor slow movement. I still have very loud tinnitus and feel ‘sea sick’ most of the time. But I am remaining hopeful.

This disease is very humbling.