1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Serrapeptase

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mindosa, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    I read in another Meniere's support group forum, that Serrapeptase (Serratiopeptidase) helps with the ear pressure. Dig little bit deeper in research and found some interesting info:

A serine protease (Serrapeptase) from microbial sources has shown tremendous scope in the cure of various kinds of inflammation and inflammatory disorders. It has been significantly reported for its potent anti-inflammatory activity. The clinical use of enzyme was reported for many diseases like arthritis, sinusitis, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and bronchitis etc.

Serratiopeptidase is a leading enzyme which has a very long history in medical as an effective anti-inflammatory drug.

[​IMG]

Source:
    The role of serratiopeptidase in the resolution of inflammation

Serratiopeptidase is being used in many clinical specialities for its anti-inflammatory, anti-edemic and analgesic effects.
    Serratiopeptidase: a systematic review of the existing evidence - PubMed

Serratiopeptidase is a 'super enzyme' which has a huge list of health benefits.
    Analytical techniques for serratiopeptidase: A review

It can be concluded that serratiopeptidase, a proteolytic enzyme and dexamethasone, a long-acting corticosteroid was effective in reducing the swelling.
    https://www.amsjournal.com/article....10;issue=1;spage=108;epage=113;aulast=Krishna

I also found more suggestions on the internet about the use of Serrapeptase in Meniere's disease.

One of the comments:

I no longer experience dizziness. Following your suggestion, I tried the Serrapeptase. I am quite impressed by the results. In addition, the symptoms of my vertigo dropped drastically. Thus, I want to thank you for all of your advice and recommendations.

For me this info looks very promising

2. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Good info, again! Do you plan on trying it, Mindosa? I will try it.

3. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020
    Where I can find that serrapetase?

4. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020
    I also read that plant sterols and sterolins combine with the serrapeptose help a lot. Because the mernier has an auto inmune aspect that this antiflamatory attack. Alleviating the symptom

5. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Yeah, definitely! I already ordered it online. Didn't find any side effects when researching and I think it should help. If I understood correctly, Serrapeptase not only reduces inflammation, but can remove even the cause of inflammation, which can’t be done with the regular NSAID’s medicines.

6. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    You can buy it online as a supplement. For a condition like MD I think you should choose the highest dose you can find.

7. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Mindosa, what is your opinion. The serrapetase says to take it on an empty stomach with 8 ounces of water. But I wonder how long before you can eat? If I had it first thing in the morning, with coffee, I usually have cereal about 30 minutes later. Or should I try to have it sometime mid afternoon or something. Problem with that is I am not always home at that time. I wonder what time period one should wait after taking the serrapetase before eating. I am starting with the 40, today is day 1.

I am basically ok, as far as symptoms go but I think I can get better. My hearing and fullness were better before this relapse so I want to get back there.

I am surprised you stopped the AVs as they seem to have the highest success rate.

8. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    On an empty stomach it takes 10-20 minutes to absorb any supplement. If you don't have snacks between main meals, it will absorb just as quickly.

If you notice changes in your symptoms in a few months, please do not forget to share them here for the rest of the users.

9. Rubygirl

Rubygirl Member

Oct 4, 2020
    Serrapeptase is a proteolytic enzyme so that means it breaks down proteins. Taken with food, it just works on breaking down the proteins in the food rather than working on the protein products in your blood stream that are the results/causes of inflammation. That is why the recommendation, if you are taking for inflammation, is to take between meals so it's not "wasted" on your food.

There is some suggestion that the product you buy should be enteric-coated so that it makes it into the small intestine to be absorbed without being deactivated by stomach acid.

But it is another worthwhile discussion to take digestive enzymes with a high "protease" ability (another word for breaking down protein) because allergic reactions are reactions to the proteins in a food - so if you can break them down in the gut much better with the help of enzymes, then in theory that will make the food less reactive to the immune system and therefore there will be less inflammation.

So either way it's a win-win with enzymes I think...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    You need to take Serrapeptase on an empty stomach, this is the recommendation of supplement producers. I think 20-30 min. before food (like lysine) would be enough.

Digging more about Serrapeptase, I found more useful info:

Serratiopeptidase has been shown to be absorbed from the digestive tract. On oral administration, it is unchanged when absorbed into the systemic circulation, from where it penetrates into all tissues. It reaches high concentrations in the inflamed tissues. It attains peak levels in one hour. The activity of serratiopeptidase remains stable and offers more efficiency in combination with the addition of metal ions like zinc and manganese.

Serratiopeptidase was reported to have an effect in regulating immune cell migration from lymph nodes to inflamed and injured tissue. Such unique mechanisms and broad substrate affinity suggest a role of the enzyme in bringing tissue to normal condition i.e. maintaining homeostasis.

Serratiopeptidase could significantly enhance the effectiveness of antibiotics against biofilm and can inhibit biofilm formation.

Because the enzyme digests non-living tissue and leaves live tissue alone; it may be effective in removing the deposits of fatty substances, cholesterol, cellular waste products, calcium and fibrin on the inside of the arteries.

Source:
    The role of serratiopeptidase in the resolution of inflammation

11. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    I stopped the AVs because in 6 weeks I didn't feel any difference in my MD symptoms and I started to develop side effects like skin rash, hair loss and digestive problems.

Besides, according to this Richard R Gacek publication, the AVs success rate is only about 39%.

Just give me a figure. Chances of Antivirals working.

12. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020
    I get the 40000 not the 120000 bc someone wrote a review saying that it was to high and she suffer stomach pain and diarrhea and said to start use less like 40000 mg

13. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    39% are those who recovered some hearing, 80-90% showed improvement in the frequency of dizziness and vertigo.

Tinnitus and hearing are very difficult for someone to cure once they occur because even if you find and stop the cause of your Meniere, it is very likely that there is already permanent damage to the ear that cannot be regenerated.

This study is from 2012, there is a more recent one with many more patients although without double blindness the % is higher.

14. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Results: Hearing was improved in twelve and not improved in nineteen patients. Complete control of vertigo was achieved in those patients with improved hearing.

15. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Serrapeptase could help to remove the cause of the endolymphatic hydrops?

Pollution in the bloodstream by abnormal amounts of metabolites (sugar, insulin, triglycerides and cholesterol) over an extended period of time will have an adverse effect upon the small blood vessels: the arterioles, capillaries and venules. If the microcirculation of the inner ear becomes afflicted, it may produce endolymphatic hydrops.
    Source:
    Metabolic Management in Menière's Disease
    SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals

16. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020
    I take serapeptase i hope that dont cause any other adverse effects