1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

SIMPLE Salad Dressing (Menieres & MAV friendly)

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by Bonlyn, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    As I have both MM and MAV...plus I am allergic to gluten, it has been a challenge finding tasty things to eat...since I follow both diet restrictions. I actually have always been a salad lover, but not being able to have lemon juice or vinegar on the mav diet and sodium and arginine enriched foods on the mm diet, I was really limited to any dressings for my salad. Then I came across a site...I can not even remember where now, that spoke about replacing vinegar with ascorbic acid (vitamin c powder.) I am so thankful I came across this tip...because I really wasn't loving my naked salads.

So 2 tablespoons of vinegar = 5.5 teaspoons of water + 1/2 teaspoon of ascorbic acid

Or for family serving 1 cup of vinegar = .9 cup of water + 3.5 teaspoon of ascorbic acid

I usually just make the small serving and add 4 teaspoons of Olive oil and shake well.

Olive oil should be added at the end...but to add flavor you can add dry mustard, parsley, basil before you add the Olive oil and shake well, then add Olive oil and shake again...and for those who do not follow a very low sodium diet.. 1/8th of a tsp of salt which equals about 300 mg of sodium.

This also is a sneaky way to add extra vitamin c to the diet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1