1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Small Talk

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Maggie, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Maggie

Maggie Guest

I'm not sure why the Chit Chat thread was deleted. I didn't see anything there that violated Solari ' s rules, but maybe stuff happened that I didn't see.

Some of us like to forget about the crappy symptoms that we have. We just want to connect with others who understand what we suffer, but can forget about it for awhile. We learn from each other, we learn about each other. We treat each other with respect.

This is a thread that needs to be snark free. It's a place to come and talk about anything that's on your mind.
    Escapism at its best.

Maggie

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Hope everyone's having a great day.

The weather finally turned warm here. Very warm. It made for restless sleep last night, but I didn't want to break down and turn on the AC this early.

So far today I've read the Sunday paper and uh, um, nothing else. It's just going to be one of those days.

3. Maggie

Maggie Guest

Hey!

AC in April! What a great spring we are having.

Just got back from Calgary. Lots of fun , what an adorable puppy my cousin has. His wife is an Uber quilter and tried to suck me in, but I held firm!

M

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Way to stick to your guns, Maggie. The world of quilting is not calling your name. With your garden, reading and your other hobbies, you won't have time for that this summer anyway. My current quilt is going to have to be put on the back burner for awhile while I do some other projects.

My daughter came over this evening for a visit. I hadn't seen her since last Sunday, so we had some catching up to do. We cooked hamburgers on the grill and I made a salad. Not much clean up, just the way I like it.

It's supposed to stay near 80 degrees all week. We really need rain and may get some tomorrow and Tuesday.

5. Maggie

Maggie Guest

Yes, Cheryl, I have enough to keep me busy. I am enjoying sewing the binding for Bev. It's quite relaxing and easy to pick up here and there. That will be the extent of my foray into quilting.

Sounds like a lovely time with your daughter. I like meals like that and it's bonus that the clean up is minimal.

I am between appointments. Going to get my ends trimmed after lunch and thinking I might get it layered, wanting something different, but then I chicken out. I need to be able to pony tail it in the summer. Will talk to my stylist and see what she thinks.

We need rain, too but it's not in the forecast, but snow is for next week. Yikes!
    catch you later.
    M

6. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Thank you Cheryl for inviting me to the porch!

Hello Maggie! Nice to meet you!! It's a lovely thread indeed.

I feel jealous when I hear temperature is quite high where you live. Today it was only 12 Celcius here which is about 54 Farenheit. Nights are even colder so I am still wearing my winter coat!

Cheryl, I have been vertigo free for 9 days today!! So happy !! I think Lauricidin is doing it's job! Happy days It's so lovely you managed to see your daughter. Hamburgers and salad! Yum! I wish I was there

Maggie I hope your appointment with the hairdresser went ok. You must look stunning now!

A little "joke"( which was sad after all) from my class. ( Maggie I teach 4/5 years old kiddies) I was introducing 3D shapes during our maths lesson so we learnt cube, cuboid, sphere etc when I said "prism" a little boy put up his hand and said " miss miss I know, my father was in one!" First I wasn't sure what he meant but after a while it clicked to me that he had meant a PRISON! Poor child!!

Have a lovely rest of the day ladies! It's getting dark here so I will be going to bed soon !!! It was lovely to see you

7. Maggie

Maggie Guest

Hi Marta,

How awesome to have you join us . Welcome! Yay, Cheryl.

Marta, your story about the prism was cute but sad. poor little tyke. I love kids at that age. They are so candid and say exactly what they mean. My 4 year old grandson lives in a different city so we face time frequently. He thinks I am in his mom's phone. He will be chatting away with me, then he gets that twinkle in his eyes, takes the phone to the bathroom, turns out the light and says, "gramma are you terrified?"

That's terrific that you have gone vertigo free for 9 days. Thank heavens for the Vicki's and Lulu's who do so much to find potential protocols for relief and share their success. Let's hope the vertigo continues to stay away.

I am guessing you are in the UK? Our weather is very unusual for this time of year. Normal highs average at 9 degrees C, and always frost at night. Today was 22C, and everyone is talking about how weird it is to have weather like this in April. If I'm right about where you are, take heart, Marta. You will have a much milder winter than I!

My haircut went ok. She wouldn't layer it , said I would hate it, so she just cleaned up the ends. Same old same old. It's more like I look stunned than stunning :p

Hope you are getting a good beauty sleep. Look forward to chatting with you again, Marta.

Maggie

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Marta,

How wonderful that you have gone nine whole days without vertigo. You are throwing everything you can at The Beast, so maybe something is going to work for you. That's the best news!

You must hear all kinds of cute and interesting things from your students. The little boy whose father was in prison probably has a vision in his head now of his father having been in a prism shaped building. It reminds me of when my sister-in-law had to make a trip to Mexico for her job. She was telling of how, in some down time, she was taken on a tour of some of the different areas and was saying how sad it was to see so many people living in little shanties. My nephew, about five at the time, couldn't figure out how people could live in a shanty. Days later he brought it up to his mom and they discussed it. It has been on his mind and the whole time he had been picturing families living on a chandelier.

Maggie,

Cute story about your grandson. Just to hear a four year old ask "gramma, are you terrified" would crack me up. I can't wait until my granddaughter starts talking in more than two word sentences.

It's been a little bit cooler here today with a nice breeze coming through the open windows. The rain has been more like sprinkles, on and off all afternoon, so nothing significant. We need a nice, gentle, soaking rain.

Snow! Yikes is right.

Cheryl

9. Maggie

Maggie Guest

Have you ever taken the Jung Personality Test?

http://www.humanmetrics.com/hr/jtypesresult.aspx

It's free and really interesting. After you determine what type you are by answering the questions they describe what your traits are.

I am an ISFJ

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    I'm an ISFJ, too!

11. Maggie

Maggie Guest

That's cool, Cheryl. Did you think their description of that type was accurate of you?

I've quit wishing for rain after seeing footage of what happened in Houston yesterday. What a mess!

It's going to be 27C today. Yippee!

12. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    ISFJ :) (still at work ???)

13. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Hello ladies! I hope you have had fab Tuesday!!!
    I am so tired today, I cannot feel my legs! And I have to take my daughter for her sports club before 7 pm ( leaving in 15 minutes )
    Maggie, the story with your grandson was so funny! Kids can be so sweet! And yes, I am from UK and yourself from Canada if I am correct? 27 degrees Celcius in April? That's a big WOW!!! I love hot days!
    Cheryl, I am sure you will have wonderful chats with your granddaughter when she starts speaking in full sentences. There will be many questions to be answered!
    All the best for the rest of your day!!!

14. Maggie

Maggie Guest

That's some weird that all 3 of us are ISFJ!

Cheryl,
    you will love it when your grandaughter is a bit older. They are so cute and they sure don't pull any punches.

Marta,

No wonder you are tired if you have been riding herd on 4 and 5 year olds all day. Then when that's over, you still have running around to do. Don't forget your body is battling the menieres symptoms, too. That takes a toll.

Yes I am in Alberta , Canada, Marta.

I'm thinking it's around 840 pm over there right now.

I'm off to do some watering as some of my perennials are parched. Poor things don't know what's going on!
    hope you have your feet up by now, Marta.

M

15. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Maggie
    Alberta, Canada! It is so beautiful there!!! I have been watching a Canadian serial Heartland. I cannot get over the beautiful land captured in the film! First I am going to Cheryl's country and then to Canada! ( hopefully one day That's my plan )

The 3 of us ISFJ ! I did find it bizarre a bit but also very positive.

You're right Maggie, I have to take it easy. I have been so tired today it's hard to explain. 10 days vertigo free doesn't mean I am healthy again.

It's 9.25 pm so it's past my bed time haha . I usually am fast asleep at this time. Good night and see you tomorrow
    M

16. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Marta

Nice to see you posting in the front porch!! Let loose and enjoy all the threads. We always end up having fun here.

It was a FAB day here, too.

17. Maggie

Maggie Guest

Hi Marta,

I live about an hour away from where they film Heartland. It is beautiful country.

In the other direction it takes about 2.5 hours to get to the Columbia Ice Fields. This attraction is really new and we hope to take friends from the prairies there this fall.

http://www.brewster.ca/activities-in-the-rockies/brewster-attractions/glacier-skywalk/?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=glacier%20skywalk&utm_campaign=s-glacier-skywalk-us-ca&gclid=Cj0KEQjwrte4BRD-oYi3y5_AhZ4BEiQAzIFxn8kvi-_AtmuUyu8udOJAjQnt6xWQfBPBIk54LIJgPAEaAo408P8HAQ

Come to Canada and we will take you there.

Hope you get lots of rest and get feeling better!

M

18. moodymom27

moodymom27 Active Member

I live close to where The Walking Dead is filmed. Love that show!

My daughter is asleep, my son is on the computer in his room and my husband is at work for two days. So here I sit bored, not able to work or drive. Tomorrow I crank up the sewing machine. Looking forward to that.

19. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Pretty much right on, but I don't see myself as having a "need to be needed." As far as describing a work situation it was very accurate.

I'm glad you posted the link to the Glacier Skywalk for Marta to see. I'm fascinated by it.

Did you take advantage of your nice weather today?

Marta, I hope you got restful sleep last night and didn't feel quite so tired today. You have such a big responsibility with all those little ones. I know you like your teaching job, but when you're dealing with a never ending illness, it can take some of the joy out of anything you do.

Cheryl

20. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Moodymom,

Can you book a day when you get in to see them? My cousin did that last year and she had a blast.
    You should look into it!