1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Small Talk

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Maggie, Apr 17, 2016.

1. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    No I didn’t get to talk to the stars - oh maybe the lovely guy with the mustach? They mostly wrangle the extras separate from ‘the talent’. It might be an episode where the long dark haired girl kicks the door in the cafe.

2. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Another great series!

3. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Do you mean the grandpa ? He seems to be a really nice guy!
    As we live in London my husband had a chance to see Hugh Grant in his car and his brother shook hands with Leonardo DiCaprio. Apparently he is a very friendly and ‘normal’ person. A friend of mine works in a posh restaurant over here and he always takes photos of himself plus famous people that dine there. He posts those pictures on FB. I remember him and Sylvester Stallone.
    I have not met nor seen anyone famous yet. Perhaps one day ...

4. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Oh yeah maybe it’s the grandpa!

I don’t know if you know Colin Mochrie from Whose Line is it Anyway- I met him in Banff - I kind of begged/pushed my way into his cab, before realizing who it was. I was in agony of high heels, Banff is a small town so I figured that cab was heading to my hotel. I was a goof, and he was very nice and bemused I think.

5. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    That’s so funny AnneT At least Colin has a good company

• Like Like x 1
  6. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    * had

7. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Hi Marta!

It’s been awhile since we’ve chatted. What’s new?

Hello Anne,
    Nice to come across a fellow Canuck.

Regarding famous people topic for PM Jean Chrétien sat in my lawn chair at a bbq.thats all I got. Anne that is so funny about “sharing” a cab with Colin Mochrie. I think he’s funny.

• Like Like x 2
  8. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Hey Melc! What part of Canada do you live in? Any good Menieres doctors there??

9. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Hey Anne,

I typed out a big long reply and then it went poof! I need to get used to the forum’s new format. Doh!

I’m in Red Deer. I had a good experience with Dr. Lange in Calgary several years ago.
    My meniere’s has been very manageable recently after a rough ride so I don’t seek medical care for it anymore.

I read your signature and it sounds like you are having a terrible time but trying a gazillion things. Good on ya. I hope something does the trick soon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Hi Melc! So so lovely to hear from you! All good on my side touch wood. How is your pup? Hugs

11. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Hi Marta,

My dog is doing pretty well, thanks. She is really good with us and the family now but still leery of strangers. She has chronic back issues which is common with her breed. When she tweaks it and is in pain we run her up to the vet and the laser treatments and some pain killers get her sorted quickly. She is a real delight and we are so glad that we rescued her.

How’s things in London?

12. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Ok Marta I found it!! Heartland Season 2 Episode 2. The longest bit of me is in the cafe at about time 24:29. I’m wearing a green sleeveless sweater, pretending to sip coffee and chat. Haha a star is born!

If you are into watching slow mo, you can also catch glimpses of me at 7:36 (light purple jacket, crossing the street in the background as Dad parks his truck. 28:02 and beyond - there’s my beige Camry. There’s a micro second of me walking behind Grandpa, tucking my hair behind my ear,at 28:20.

Let me know if you find me!

13. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Melc, I am glad she is doing well. Poor little thing to be suffering though. She is not alone. Lucky her!
    London is cold and wet and dark. The worst two months to live in here. Can’t wait for spring to come.
    What is the weather like in Canada??
    AnneT I am going to watch episode 2 for sure. Can’t wait to meet you.

14. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    AnneT I have seen you in all the scenes you mentioned! I like your dark hair. Were you drinking something for real or was it an empty cup? You were also ‘eating something ‘... a pretend cake? I like your car! Comparing to European ones it’s big! Waving at you Anne

15. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Thanks Marta! I'm famous - ha! I think it was cold coffee... the other background worker warned me not to actually eat or drink anything. I can't remember if there was anything on my plate. The hardest part was pretending to talk, without actually making a sound. That was totally stressful to me! I'm glad it looked reasonably natural. Walking down the streets was fine... It was fun to watch again, yes we have beautiful landscape. But I'm also sad for that younger me, the hell she had in front of her.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    You did look very natural indeed. A talent! Can’t deny. I hope you feel better soon Anne! Keep my fingers crossed

• Like Like x 1
  17. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Melc I have just looked at your avatar. It’s your pup! She is so cute! Love it. I don’t know why I imagined her being brown. Love her!

18. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Thanks Marta,
    We thinks she’s pretty cute, too. I know we’re biased but she’s been such a good addition to our family. She is such a clown. There’s not a day goes by that we haven’t had many laughs at her antics. She is the best medicine.

19. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I would need such medicine myself Melc A distractor from sometimes tough reality.
    Years ago when I was in my early 20s I took in a stray cat. He had a personality! He made us laugh as well. Unfortunately he ate something poisonous and he was dying slowly and in pain literally in front of me. I took him to the vet to put him down. The doctor confirmed there was no other way out. I was in tears. It was the last time I had an animal.
    I am happy you have your little clown around. She is a blessing and you are good people to have taken her in. Not everyone would be capable of doing so.
    Oh! I nearly forgot, When I was a proud owner of the cat My boyfriend, my present husband, gave me a hamster as a present. On Christmas Day my brother felt so sorry for the little creature and he decided to let him run around his bedroom. He let him free , he closed the bedroom door but the silly little one regardless of the big space found a gap to squeeze through to the other side of the door. Guess who was waiting for him on the other side? Guess what happened!?

20. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Aww, Marta. That must have been an awful experience with your poor cat. I can only imagine what happened to your hamster. Maybe you having pets just wasn’t meant to be.

We were at the twins’ hockey game early this morning and then at their soccer game this evening. Our dog doesn’t like to be left alone and twice in one day was too much. She has just finished a good game of tug of war with my left arm. Good thing I’m right handed.

Hope you’re having a good weekend.