1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Small Talk

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Maggie, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Maggie

Maggie Guest

Yes, Cheryl I was outside almost all day. I dug out some old perennials that needed to be split. Then I read my book out on the deck. We had a light supper, chicken salad, because it was too hot to cook. In the afternoonI met our son downtown for a smoothie at City Hall park. He works downtown and rarely gets a coffee break but when he does he will text me to meet him. It's kinda nice.

Tonight we took the convertible out. It was really funny. Our city's junior hokey team made it to the playoffs. We drove by the Centrum where they play just before game time. There were tons of people going to the game wearing shorts and flip flops. It really looked odd. You are supposed to wear parkas and toques when you go to a hockey game.

Hope you are got a good rest, Marta. It's awesome that you are 10 days vertigo free. Yay!

2. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    I just love these conversations and getting to know everyone better.
    Some of you all lead some very exciting lives.

I keep reading the stories over again and I get the picture in my head.
    I like what I see.

3. Maggie

Maggie Guest

I was feeling a little down when I got up today. I went for a very early morning walk to brighten my spirits.
    I love to rubber neck and see how others make their garden and yards.

At one place that I passed , they had a beautiful old wooden kitchen chair out on the front step. On it was a cobalt blue pot with gorgeous pansies. Unheard of for this time of year. The Robins were singing, it was quiet as no people heading for work yet. I may have to go walking that early more often. I feel great now!

M

4. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Maggie
    Living nearby such beautiful places is simply awesome ! Are there many horse ranches like in the film? I think I could live on such a ranch and work with horses. I would have to learn to ride them but I am ready for all challenges in the world! Columbia Ice Fields are amazing!! Now places to visit list is even longer! Thank you Maggie!!
    I hope your spirits are up now, it must have been so lovely to go for a walk in the morning! I also love watching other people' s gardens although I am not into gardening at all! I just like admiring them

BumbleaBea you are right , the porch allows us to get to know to each other better and we can stop thinking about this horrible disease! It's so much fun!!!

Cheryl I hope you have had a lovely day. You are a busy bee so I am sure you did something really exciting!

Moodymom, did you manage to take your sewing machine out?? I admire people who can sew!

I was so tired yesterday that I am not able to describe it. I woke up as tired as I was when going to bed. It makes me think it might have been some kind of a die off effect . After all I have been taking Lauricidin for 2 weeks. ( vertigo free for 11 days!) ... and now I know what brain fog really is!! Gosh! I wasn't able to spell "queen!" It lasted for about 15 seconds before I knew what I was doing!!

We had a sunny day today but not too warm. On Friday we are expecting arctic air to arrive in GB Am I ever going to put my winter coat away???

Have a great Wednesday afternoon lovely ladies!!! I am in my PJs already and I am loving it!! ( 6.50 pm)

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Marta, today we're getting that much needed rain, so I'm not being much of a busy bee today. My daughter e-mailed and said she was going to be a couple hours late getting home from work and asked if I would go take her dog out for a bit. That will be the most exciting thing I do today. I've been busy disposing of some things in my laundry/utility/storage room. I went through all of it in late summer last year, but now I'm seeing things and wondering to myself, "Why did I keep that?" I'm still holding on to a lot of things that were my mom's before she passed. I realize I can't keep everything, but it's hard to let go. I need to choose a few special things and will box up everything else and take it to a place here called Helping Hands. People who are in need can go there and pick what they need at no charge. I think my mom would like that. I'm sure as soon as it is done I will cry about it and feel guilty.

I hope it's just the Lauricidin that's making you so tired and that after you've been taking it for awhile longer some energy will return.

Brainfog! There was a time when it was so bad for me that when I was calling someone on the telephone, I would forget who I was calling and would have to wait until they answered to find out. Surprise! I always joke about how having a conversation with me is like playing a game of fill-in-the-blank. In mid-sentence I won't be able to find a simple word I want to use, so everyone throws out words and I choose the correct one. :D It's probably annoying as all heck to others, but it is to me, too.

Maggie, I wish I were more of a morning person. It seems to take me awhile to get going in the morning. I like to walk in the evening and now that it's staying light longer, we can have supper, I can get the kitchen cleaned up and head out for my walk as my husband is leaving for work and still get back home before dark.

Last summer my best friend gave me a bunch of hosta plants. She lives on a farm and they had an old house on their property that they were getting ready to tear down. The house was surrounded by many varieties of hosta and she didn't want them. I dug them all up, separated them, and had enough to go all the way around my fence in the backyard and had a few left over for the front of the house. I kept them well watered last summer to get them established and they all came up this year. Yay! I need to get edging and mulch to go around them, so that will be a project to be done soon.

On Monday I noticed a grocery store near my home had its garden tent up. I had to stop and have a look even though it's early yet to plant any flowers. I found the cutest little flower plant called English Daisy. It will be a must for the fairy garden. I can't wait to get started on that and the time is getting close.

6. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    I had a good day again today.
    Went shopping alone, yay, and bought 2 new summer dresses. It was fun trying them all on but I had to be practical, lol.
    You're right, the weather is beautiful here, too.
    When I got home hubs had dinner done, that was awesome.
    Around 7:00 we will walk the dogs, one of my fav parts of my day.
    When I get home I get kitty time. It's so much fun to go into the family room and all 4 come running with those fluffy tails sticking up.
    I enjoy looking at other homes a lot too. Halloween was fun because you got a glimpse inside. Or walking at night when you can see inside. :)

My fairy garden is done. I used Bluebells and Columbine. I also got 2 different kinds of moss. The one I carefully hang off the branches so it looks like...fairy weeping willows.
    Everyone knows fairies are my big thing. I can't wait for the family to come next weekend from upstate and everything is done.

You guys are entertaining. ;)

7. moodymom27

moodymom27 Active Member

I didn't know you could do that. I'll have to check into it;.

8. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Hmmm, I might have a very good lead on who got killed in the last episode of TWD.
    We have a thread going for the show, TWD

9. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Friday at last!!!! Only a few more hours and I will put my feet up! ( having done all chores at home first ha ha) It's going to be cold today❄️ ( (11 degrees Celcius ) and it's going to rain ☔️ How have you all been??
    BumbleBea I love you avatar!
    Have a great day!!

10. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Hey Marta, thank you.

Have you all ever thought about how sad it is when one person spews filth about someone and everybody believes it?
    When someone is behaving in a normal manner and gets shot down because of someone else's filthy lies?
    That's how cliques form and it's childish.
    If you don't understand something then bypass it.

11. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    BumbleBea, you changed you avatar again ,; I like them all!!

12. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Thank you!!
    I have a few favorites that I usually stick to but I've felt like playing around with other ones.

How are you doing?

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    How's it going, Marta? Hope you're resting up and enjoying your weekend. I spent the day with my granddaughter while her parents were out. We had a great time. We both wore ourselves out. She'll be two at the end of July and they really keep you hopping at that age. She's very well behaved and always happy, so that helps.

Beautiful day here today. Have you put away your winter coat yet?

14. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    All lovely ladies, have a great Sunday

Cheryl
    I am sure your granddaughter had fun with her nanny! I like happy and well behaved children Summer born children are lucky in a way as they can have their birthday parties out in the garden! One coming soon It's really cold here- 8 degrees Celcius / 46 Fahrenheit . Most of Europe is so cold! Next week is a long weekend - Bank Holiday on Monday and apparently it's going to be the same weather wise. ❄️ However I am busy enjoying my free spin days and I do not mind my winter coat any more ( maybe just a little bit )

BumbleBea
    I am doing ok thank you! Now I always look at your avatars and I enjoy finding new ones I hope you are fine too.

Maggie
    How are you doing???

flowers for you all

15. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Pretty, thank-you

16. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Hey Cheryl.

I thought we were becoming new friends.
    I'm missing exploring that more.

Where are you?

17. Maggie

Maggie Guest

Marta thanks for the lovely flowers. They look lovely compared to the snow we have had the last 2 days.
    I'm ok now, thanks for asking. I hope you had a good weekend and are still adding to the vertigo free tally.

Cheryl,
    Aren't granddaughters so much fun? It sounds like you had a lovely time with her. It will be even more fun as she gets older.

I had guests for dinner today. I was hoping they would stay longer but they both have early meetings at work tomorrow and a bit of a long drive home. I'm hoping for a more laid back day tomorrow.

Catch you both later!
    M

18. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Maggie I don't envy the snow! ❄️❄️❄️ Gosh! It's nearly May and we still are experiencing winter in one way or another. I bet, here, there will be no Winter/ Spring transition, Summer will turn up one day just like that! Cannot wait for it to happen!!!
    All the best Maggie!!

19. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Marta--I suppose you are back at work and counting the weeks until your next break. How many days vertigo free, now? We have had many years where it has gone from winter right to summer, so I know just what you're talking about, that summer will just arrive one day.

Not to rub it in, but we are having a glorious day here. It is a couple degrees short of 80, or 26 C. The sun is shining and there is a nice breeze. Perfect weather!

Maggie--I waited a long time for a grandchild. I didn't know what I was missing. When I pick her up and those little arms go around my neck or she puts her head on my shoulder, well, I refer to it as bliss. They live far enough away that I don't get to see her but about once or twice a month. I was afraid she would never get to know me, but she does! She's learning the ABC song. Cutest thing ever. She'll be here Saturday, so two weeks in a row is pretty neat.

Hope you're getting your laid back day.

Cheryl

20. Maggie

Maggie Guest

I spent the day preparing meals for the freezer as I may have to go home again. My husband does everything around the house, but he can't cook.

If I don't go away, then I'll have some meals ready for those busy days when I don't have time to cook. Win win.

Waving at you Marta! How's it going?