1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Small Talk

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Maggie, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Cheryl
    I read you posted on a different thread it's cold in your place now and raining! The weather you are experiencing today is what we have had for the last month! ☔️ It makes me feel quite depressed!
    Maggie
    I am doing fine ( touch wood!) Thank you! You have been a busy bee cooking. This is what I dislike doing with a passion! I love cleaning though. What a shame my daughter is not like her mum! She doesn't mind the mess ha ha.
    Two more get ups and the weekend ladies!!
    Take care and stay warm.

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Yes, Marta, this weather is nuts. I have the urge to turn on the AC one day and today I had to have the furnace on for a bit so I could shower.

On Friday I'm going to be making a Snickers cheesecake for Saturday. It's very indulgent and only to be eaten on special occasions. :) Wish you could stop by for a slice. I know you'd like it. Although I don't mind cooking, it's not one of my favorite things to do.

Ugh, I have an appointment and errands to run this afternoon. It's a good day to stay inside.

Hugs to you, Maggie.

3. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Oh Cheryl! I was planning to pop in on Saturday anyway ha ha. Please share your recepie , I would love to make one as well. I love all sorts of cheesecakes! Good luck with your errands and your appointment !

I still have the heating on in my house. The only shame is that the bill is going to be high again! As you know I like feeling warm if not hot!! It's 28 degrees Celcius in my living room at the moment haha. ( 80 F) I am in my element

"See you" later Cheryl and Maggie!

4. Maggie

Maggie Guest

Hi Cheryl and Marta,

Crazy weather indeed. We had a blanket of snow a few days ago, then rain. Today is a gorgeous, open the windows kind of day.

Marta, what great news that you are still vertigo free. Yay!

I spent most of the morning outside trying to keep occupied. My granddaughter texted me to see if I would pick her up after school and feed her supper. So I came in and made her favourite meal, spaghetti and meatballs with home made sauce. That way I just have to heat meatballs and sauce , boil spaghetti, make a salad. All the work is done. My husband who can't cook cleaned up my mess. He's so good to me I think I'll keep him. :-*

This afternoon I will meet my son downtown for his coffee break. We will sit in the park until it's time to pick up the kid.

Then Survivor tonight after I take her home. It's shaping up to be a pretty good day, all things considered.

Take care, catch you later.

M

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Marta, we could never be housemates. When it was 80 degree in my house for a couple of nights, I wanted to sleep in the refrigerator. The only reason I resisted turning on the AC was because if my neighbors were outside they would have heard it running and might have thought I'm nuts for running it in April. I went to bed with the windows open last night and woke up dreading to get out of bed because it was so cold in the house. Quite a dramatic changer overnight.

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday. :p Maggie, can you come, too?

I'll send you the Snickers cheesecake recipe.

Maggie--There are way worse things than having a man that can't cook. Teamwork, give and take, that's what it's all about.

Cheryl

6. Maggie

Maggie Guest

Sure thing , Cheryl! Wouldn't that be cooler than cool if we all met up? Maybe, someday. I pick London for the location. You bring the cheesecake. I'll buy the pints. ;D ;D Marta will give us a place to kip.

You are right , here about teamwork and division of labour. Works for us!

Just going to start to watch Survivor, will post in the thread when I have seen it.

Marta,

Here's to one more sleep before the weekend for you. Are you still vertigo free?
    Maggie

7. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Maggie!
    What a fab idea! Meeting up sounds so exciting ! Who knows, one day!!?? Anything is possible ! I am still vertigo free Maggie! So happy! I have to advertise Lauricidin as it helped me! Have a lovely day today! I am leaving for work

Cheryl, when you come to my place I will turn the heating off, promise!!!

Have a superb day ladies!!

8. Maggie

Maggie Guest

That's wonderful, Marta. The monolaurin is helping me too. Magic little pellets aren't they? You must be finished work for the day. One more and the it's the weekend. Any plans? Living in London means you can be a tourist anytime you want. I was in London in May of 2009. I loved it, but the London Plane trees did not love me. Pollen galore. I visited Boots often!

Cheryl,

Let me know when you have watched Survivor. I won't post til. I know you have.
    I have a few errands to run, then I'm going to read till I fall asleep.

I finished the binding on Bev's quilt. She's supposed to bring me another one tonight. It's a great arrangement.
    hope you both are having a pleasant day!

9. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Maggie
    I am glad monolaurin works for you as well!! Great news!!
    I love to be a tourist in London! This is how I feel each time I go to the city centre. I live 20 minutes away by train from Victoria Station. I used to visit and explore the city every one/two months during half term holidays. Since September 2015 I haven't done it once due to MM. Despite the fact I have been vertigo free for 3 weeks I don't feel confident enough to go there on my own. I am just scared and afraid that vertigo might hit me.
    In the time being, myself and my 2 colleagues from work are planning to visit New York next year. I have never been there so I feel very, very excited. We shall see what will happen!
    I am sure Cheryl is busy making her snickers cheesecake! She needs to make more as we are paying her a visit on Saturday Maggie. Please don't forget
    Take care lovely ladies!!!

10. Maggie

Maggie Guest

Hi Marta,

When we flew to London we landed at Gatwick then took the train into Victoria Station. It was our first time going over seas. I wanted to go to the UK so badly and life situations were always getting in the way.

When we came out of Victoria Station to get in the queue for a cab, I was just gobsmacked. We were in London for two weeks and didn't see any near what is there. If I get to go to the UK again, I will go in the fall, avoid the pollen and see it in a different season.
    I wiggled out on the tube when we were on our way to Highgate Cemetery. My husband is expert at deal g with my episodes. We got off, took ativan waited, and then toured the cemetery which was awesome and then we hit a pub and I had kippers, which i l9ve and can't find over here, like you get it there.
    Happy Friday, Marta!

Cheryl,
    you have that cheesecake baked and chillin' yet? Hope you're resting after all that baking!

11. Maggie

Maggie Guest

Edited to say wiggled out on the tube.. not wiggled.
    Wiggled out= vertigo.

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    No cheesecake today. I'm making it tomorrow afternoon for Saturday. My daughter and son and family are coming. Got all my shopping done today and did some housework. I'm tired tonight, even though I didn't get started doing anything until after noon. I had a rather boring day.

13. Maggie

Maggie Guest

One last try.

Wigged out!

Good luck with that chhescake.

14. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Happy Sunday to all lovely ladies I know!!!!
    It's going to be really lovely here ( at last!) about 15 degrees Celcius (59 F) and loads of vitamin D in the air!!! All the best to you all

15. Maggie

Maggie Guest

Hi Marta,

Good for you to finally get a lovely day. It's gorgeous here, so many trees in bloom that normally give me such allergy grief. Thanks to monolaurin, it's not too bad at all. Not perfect, but I can be outside and reasonable ok.

I hope you are still hanging in there with no vertigo.

Hope to see you soon.

Maggie

16. Maggie

Maggie Guest

Cheryl, I forgot to tell you that my dear husband, while he can't cook, is awesome at treating me so well. He knows I am having a tough time since my mom died so he took me for a drive in the convertible out to a garden centre. I bought some Kenilworth ivy and an Adirondack chair. It was a really nice experience.

Maggie

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Damn, he sounds like a keeper, Maggie. I love it that he's doing nice things for you, especially now. You need some TLC. Hmmm, I'm thinking he's probably like that all the time.

I looked up a pic of the Kenilworth ivy and it's so pretty with the little purple flowers. I haven't found an Adirondack chair, yet, but I've seen pictures of the cute little things. I can just see a little fairy sitting in it reading a book. You are going to have a wonderful fairy garden. Save room for plants and fairies. :-\

18. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Maggie
    I am so sorry to hear about your mum. She is in a better place now!
    I am so glad that your hubby is spoiling you He sounds like a perfect one, you are so lucky Maggie! Many people can be jealous. And the fact that he can't cook,well... he can always learn to do so!it's never to late . LOL My good friend's husband is the best cook I have ever met but... he is a bastard! He cheats on her and disrespects her. I am sure she would prefer her husband was like yours even if she had to do all the cooking!

Maggie and Cheryl
    I think I will have to pop in to your gardens to see all those beautiful flowers you are growing just make sure you don't let me touch them as they might not like it! I am not a garden person. My mama used to do all gardening.
    Have a lovely day lovely ladies!!!
    Marta

19. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    * too

20. Maggie

Maggie Guest

Yes Cheryl and Marta I am very lucky to have such a good husband. Mind you, he has a pretty good wife!
    you reap what you sow.

My son is a superb cook, thankfully he's not a bastard! ;D
    Thanks for your kind words, both of you!

I'm trying to keep busy and focus on happy memories. My friend Bev, for whom I sew the binding on her quilts is coming to pick me up soon. Apparently we are going on an adventure.

Looking forward to hearing that you are still vertigo free, Marta.

Laters,
    maggie