1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Statin drugs?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by mcleamr, Sep 9, 2016.

1. mcleamr

mcleamr New Member

Sep 8, 2016
    I'm on Simvistatin for cholesterol control. I cannot remember when I started the medication but I feel like it is close to when I started to get my symptoms.

Has anyone else experienced?

2. Ear-ittating

Ear-ittating New Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Massachusetts
    I was concerned to start statins - I am on rosuvastatin (Crestor). I had Menieres for a number of years before starting statins but can say that I saw no increase in symptoms since starting the statin. You could try to switch to a different statin to see if it makes a difference in your symptoms.

3. scott tom

scott tom Active Member

May 14, 2015
    I spent 2 months researching statins and came to the conclusion that they don't work, and that high cholesterol doesn't correlate with heart disease as claimed. Before starting on them, you should research it for yourself to make sure you want to take something that has so many side effects (including dementia).

4. dave77

dave77 New Member

May 20, 2014
    Vancouver, Wa
    Ditto Scott tom
    Statins are the most over prescribed and dangerous drug in history - period!

5. travelershe

travelershe New Member

Jan 18, 2019
    Until you have heart problems.....few tools in the tool box......but they should NOT be trying to give them to kids and sell over the counter!