1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

TAZO calm chamomile tea

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by heidika, Feb 16, 2018.

1. heidika

heidika New Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Have had Meniere's for about 9 years. Found it got worse with the onset of glucose intolerance and menopause. I am a nutritionist so my diet was pretty good but made it even better when I gave up the caffeinated beverages, alcohol, salty foods and keep carbs low and consistent But if even with that there is a low level background dizziness that will get worse if I move my head too much. I found a tea which reduces the dizziness further than diet. It's TAZOs calm chamomile. It makes sense since nervous system relaxants like valium are prescribed to calm down the vestibular system and chamomile and the other herbs in this tea do the same thing.

2. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    I love chamomile tea, I’ll have to give this brand a try.

3. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    Miss Heidika,
    Your situation is somewhat similar to mine. When I took gluten out of my diet, over a year ago, I went into remission, unfortunately nightshade vegetables seemed to set it off again and I haven' t really been able to get it back in control.
    I am in perimenopause and was able to control certain problems , like hot flashes, with green tea. Unfortunately I have been forced to give up all caffeine since this new attack, so no more green tea. I definitely feel like my hormones play a role in my menieres attacks and was hoping that once I got to the actual menopause stage the mm would lessen.
    Presently I have also had to cut out all dairy and egg, which seems to help in lessening the attacks.

Just wondering what treatments you may have used that have helped with your mm.

Thanks for the tip on the tea. I have always been an avid tea drinker and really miss it, so it will be nice to try something that may alleviate mm symptoms instead of exacerbate. Best - Bonnie

4. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    I recently gave up caffeine too. I like Rooibos tea in the morning - it feels thick or dense enough to help me not miss coffee. I miss green tea - it just seemed so healthy to me!

5. Glenn

Glenn Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Indy
    This morning I drank a cup of Liptons black tea with two teaspoons of dominos sugar and when I sat down at the computer my tennitus started getting louder along with slight dizziness. Do I have to cut out sugar too now along with the caffeine? Does sugar exasperate it? I am not diabetic, but I do like eggs. Do I also have to stop eating eggs? I know I should cut back computer time.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  6. Glenn

Glenn Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Indy
    I never liked the way chamomile tea tastes. I guess your idea about calming the nerves makes sense though without drugs. Milk and honey always worked for me. But now folks say here I also have to cut out cheese and milk (dairy) :(

7. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Glenn,
    I cut out gluten for other reasons, and don't usually miss it because I felt so much better off it.

But dairy, oh my, that's a tough one. I'm mostly off it... but sometimes a girl just needs cheese. That said, I think my sinuses and eustachian tubes feel clearer, so that's gotta be good.

8. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    As a man I'm not going to drink anything called chamomile tea. If they rebrand it as "Shark Bite", "Concrete Ice" or "Venom Juice", then I'd consider it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    A new brand, created by Pupper! Herbal brews for manly men. You’ll be rich! Let us know when you’ll be appearing on Shark Tank!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. priyaraj

priyaraj New Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Hi,
    Chamomile tea is a kind of herbal tea. So it doesn't affect your health. If you're facing problems in sleeping chamomile tea can be a solution and help you to get the ideal sleep.