1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

The weird thing about you.

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Pupper, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    My hair is longer and shaggy. I may just go with a buzzcut like you. Would make my life a lot easier. Maybe that'll be my new look for the new year.

2. I’ve never added salt to my food in general, as I didn’t grow up with a salt shaker on the table. When I was diagnosed with Meniere’s my doctor put me on a diuretic, and told me to limit my sodium. No problem! When I started feeling ill he had blood work drawn and told me I needed to eat more salt. I got a lecture about human beings needing at least 500mg of Na+ a day to sustain life. LOL

3. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    I often can see colors that others can't readily detect. It's got something to do with being color blind (color impaired actually). Typically I can detect very faint underlying blues in what most people think are simply black. Or greens when people think something is only gold. They'll take a closer look and manipulate it in their hands and say, "hey, I guess you're right." There's some scientific explanation for it I read years ago.

Also colorblind guys are used in the military. They put you on a plane to look down and scan the jungle to detect camouflaged enemy weaponry or encampments.

4. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Dang Pup you missed your calling! Or you were born a few years to late to go 'Nam.

5. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    semper fi brah, semper fi

6. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Oh yeah? I always wanted to enlist but with my hear issues starting at age 12 that was a no go. My dad was in the Americal Division in Nam, 67-68. He dropped in right at the Tet Offensive. His dad was in the Navy running recon in WWII. My BIL was in the 10th MTN Div artillery in Afghanistan. Messed his world up.

7. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    *heart issues. Then hear issues lol.

8. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    I was not a Marine I just like saying semper fi. Was never in the service.

Noble family history MBG. Very cool.

9. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    How did I miss this thread? Love it. What’s NOT weird about me? Ha!

The Kleenex in hand - I have a perpetually dripping nose, usually gets worse when chatting with people. I do my grandmas trick of Kleenex up my sleeve. I guess she had this weirdness too.

I’m usually a good speller, but I think the word “weird” should be spelled “wierd”.

10. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Great! You had to revive THIS thread? I'm reading through it and I come off like a guy who's so fat he can't get dressed in a walk-in closet, who throws his clothes everywhere, who carries a scrunched up Kleenex in his hand like a nervous grandma, who never washes his face OR HAIR, who's afraid of women in bikinis. Thanks Anne. I can't believe you've done this.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016

12. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Haha! So sorry Pupper... but also thanks for the good laughs.

I want to hear what other wierd stuff people do, so Pupper and I don’t have to feel so wierd!

Since my 20’s, I’ve always wanted an afternoon lie down or nap. Resistance is futile. Even pre-Menieres I had begun to plan my day around my funny little rigid schedule.

13. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Never leave home without Kleenex or two up my sleeve. And on hot days.... bra is a great hiding place lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    I have pareiodolia. I also don’t like odd numbers.

Marta,
    I keep my truck keys in my bra when I don’t have pockets. Always a Kleenex in there, too.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    Chapstick is my must have when going anywhere. Hate dry lips.

16. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    I didn't realize how many women still stuff their bras.

Mel, you not liking odd numbers is very strange indeed.

Fisherman, I need chapstick too. I wish I'd never started. But growing up by the winds of Lake Erie you sort of have no choice. A girlfriend once told me she was admiring a tough looking bad-boy with tattoos at an airport. Then he broke out his chapstick and she said he suddenly became comical to her. Since she told me that I always sheepishly look around to make sure no women are near before I dechap.

AnneT, I am the same about needing a nap. In my case, lethargy will hit me for a few hours during the day. The odd thing is I've been this way since I was a kid. When playing with friends in the yard I'd have to go off to the side and lay down. Actually more like flop down like a dead person. I could hardly move. Something that may be tied into that, is, I smoked cigarettes in my early 30's. After a cigarette, I'd feel terribly fatigued. No other smokers I talked to said they felt this. Anyway it may be inherited because my parents have always been big nappers.

17. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I don't like using cloth table napkins. I like paper. When I use a cloth napkin I feel like I'm wiping my hands on my clothing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I'll keep a Kleenex in my bra on bad allergy days if I don't have a pocket to keep it in. A lot of women's clothing doesn't have pockets.