1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Three months on acyclovir and no change

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Brother_of_Nool, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Brother_of_Nool

Brother_of_Nool Member

May 24, 2019
    New York
    I'm curious about candida. I was searching "sugar" online, and eventually ran into candida. I remembered it from your post, so I started to look into it as a possible problem for me. I don't know if I have it, but I figured that I'd treat it like I do. Lord knows that I've eaten more than my share of sugar over they years. So I'm trying to reduce my sugar intake, which is severely limiting what I can eat. I bought "no sugar added" things like tomato sauce, yogurt, maple syrup (to put in the god-awful plain greek yogurt) and applesauce. What's your take on candida and no sugar added products? I've read things that say that you have to get rid of all sugar and starches, while other things say that no added sugar things may be OK. One thing I read said no sugar/starches for six months.

2. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    If you want to get solid information on candida, get the book The Yeast Connection by William Crook MD. You can probably pick it up at your local library.

• Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  3. Riplip

Riplip Member

Mar 16, 2018
    NH
    I did the full blown dosage for 6 months and anti virals didn't do it for me but a lot of people here swear by them. Good luck

4. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Have you tried anti fungals? Be careful of those no sugar added products. They add all sorts of chemicals to make up for lost sugar and put the food through unnatural processes to do so. Puts a lot of stress on the body.

5. Brother_of_Nool

Brother_of_Nool Member

May 24, 2019
    New York
    Yeah, that is a concern. My co-workers swear by Trader Joes. I plan to stop by and take a look. I used to buy coconut milk there when I first started getting serious about my Ménière's. I stopped when I realized coconut milk has a horrible Lysine Arginine ratio.

6. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Heal Your Headache
    by David Buchholz M.D., Stephen G. Reich M.D. (Foreword by)

I read this on my Kindle in three days and it changed my life for the better. It did heal my headache. The headache I never knew I had. Because of this, I have been vertigo free almost 4 months. Of all the crap you can try, this is as non-invasive as they come. Oh, and you may lose some weight as well. I'll be updating my thread/progress in a week, but it appears my vertigo war is being successfully waged in the MAV arena.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. recoveringoptimist

recoveringoptimist Member

Aug 10, 2019
    I'm in this same boat. I've been on Valcyclovir for nearly three months. My persistent dizziness had already been alleviated by B5/B6 vitamins but I was hoping an AV would relieve my ear fullness and tinnitus. Thus far, I haven't seen any benefit there.

My general practitioner agreed to try it for three months, so that's the prescription she wrote me. At this point I'm going to be hard pressed to get her to keep me on Valcyclovir any longer. I'm also skeptical that my Meniere's is virus-based at this point.