1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Tinnitus and talking

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Karenplus8, May 17, 2014.

1. Karenplus8

Karenplus8 Active Member

May 12, 2014
    ohio
    I was in a weird situation today. I was at a party today and having a conversation with my friends Dad. When all I began to hear was every other word and got like snoopy teacher voice only scratchy. I just smiled and because I started getting dizzy when I moved my head. First time for every thing I guess. I am thinking this is normal? :-\

2. nicmger

nicmger Member

May 12, 2014
    Some of my attacks start with a sudden increase in the ringing and reduced hearing, then the room starts spinning.

3. Karenplus8

Karenplus8 Active Member

May 12, 2014
    ohio
    Yes that is what I was thinking I remained dizzy and very nauseated but never tipped into vertigo. I went to bed when I got home and woke up feeling like my ears where stuffed with cotton I still can not hear well.

4. nicmger

nicmger Member

May 12, 2014
    Also, really loud places (restaurants, party, concerts) do impact me. It seems "better" with my hearing aid but without the aid even with an ear plug the noise sometimes hurt and there were a few concerts that I had to walk around for a bit.

5. DL Bach

DL Bach Member

May 18, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    I avoid situations with lots of people. I have learned to scan lips when talking to someone to help me better "hear" what they are saying. Oh, yes, if possible HOLD ON TIGHT to whatever you can.

6. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Any situation I find myself in where there are a lot of people talking makes it hard to concentrate on one voice. Straining to hear that one voice can cause tinnitus and then the dizzy. I have often worn wax ear plugs that I can adjust as needed. Sometimes it helps.

7. Karenplus8

Karenplus8 Active Member

May 12, 2014
    ohio
    Hearing aids helped ALOT for me but I can't afford to buy them until August.