1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Tinnitus Spike: Worst night EVER

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by FlagGirl, Nov 16, 2023.

1. DC39

DC39 New Member

Dec 1, 2023
    Interesting discussion. My tinnitus is constantly with me until I start concentrating on one objective/ activity, then if disappears until the mind is free again and I'm trying to relax. Seems to me that it is overload of the brain from all the bodies senses and some not able to send stable signals, ie, the ear. Then I start with brain fade and the inability to comprehend or remember words. Been trying to define it for ten years and that is what I keep coming back to.
    Try to medicate the vertigo and the tinnitus becomes permanent with all other symptoms getting worse while the vertigo disappears. Found it easier to be off meds with most of my symptoms manageable in the background. I'm able to deal with the vertigo with no sudden movements and thinking about what I going to do before lurching into action. If I can focus on straight horizontal lines I stand without falling to my left.

2. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    Is it helping tinnitus

3. FlagGirl

FlagGirl New Member

Nov 8, 2023
    Flagstaff, AZ
    It helped me deal with it and they have some sounds you can play if your T is really bad. I use head phones, very helpful.

4. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    Did the carnivore diet help you

5. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    That is so crazy but so TRUE!! Well said.

6. FlagGirl

FlagGirl New Member

Nov 8, 2023
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I do believe it has.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    I might try it

8. FlagGirl

FlagGirl New Member

Nov 8, 2023
    Flagstaff, AZ
    A friend told me about it and he bought a book and sent it to me. The Carnivore Diet by Shawn Baker. It's great and simple. The Carnivore Code by Paul Saladino is also great, way more indepth which is a good thing. I've seen several posts about B vitamins helping. Lots of B in meat!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    Thank u I will get the books and has it help your tinnitus and acttaks o

10. Mr. Dutchie

Mr. Dutchie New Member

Jan 29, 2024
    Hi
    Maybe a tip.
    Ask your doctor to for a second set of in ear canal hearing aids setup as tinnitus masking device. This helped me from an average 4-5 hour night to about 7-9 hours. I have some ocean sounds for the masking and since I can’t hear my tinnitus at all I fall asleep straight away.
    There is one downside I didn’t woke up any more from my alarm. The hospital now ordered a special vibrating alarm for under my pillow. This really helped me a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  11. FlagGirl

FlagGirl New Member

Nov 8, 2023
    Flagstaff, AZ
  12. FlagGirl

FlagGirl New Member

Nov 8, 2023
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Thank you!! I have an apple watch and it vibrates on my wrist which helps as well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    Very good