1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

To the NFL....

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bulldogs, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Stand up put your hand over your heart and respect the flag and those who gave their lives voluntarily so you can live in freedom you son of bitches!!!

It's kind of moronic to protest the Flag...the very thing that gives you your freedoms and your right to protest.....

The worst was the Jaguars and Ravens in England where they disrespect our flag and stand at Attention for Their Anthem "god save the queen".

Unbelievable

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    They aren't protesting the flag. Political, so I'm not getting into it.

3. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Speaking of disrespecting the flag, anyone who wears it as an article of clothing is doing that.

https://www.collinsflags.com/blog/archives/2830?doing_wp_cron=1506741115.8332350254058837890625

I'm surprised you of all people , Bulldogs, would post such a political topic.

4. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Nothing political about the post. Respecting the flag is a non political issue, it is a universal shared value and represents our freeds as Americans no mater you political leanings. The Flag is an American thing not a political thing.

They don't have a Republican or Democratic flag, We ALL live under one flag in the USA and that is the American Flag

Don't make it political.

The Fake News is political as they all have Agendas!!!

The Flag has no Agenda except Freedom for All Americans and the ideal for which it stands protects every living human being in America. The Flag is perfect it's the people who fuck stuff up, not the Flag.

5. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Another point of view from a vet

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/formerlyfundie/one-sacrificed-stop-using-anti-take-knee-argument/

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Just because you don't agree with a person, that doesn't make their mothers bitches. Where does anyone get off calling people names just because of a difference of opinion?

7. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    It appears that the OP doesn’t understand why the NFL players are taking the knee.
    Rosa Parks wasn’t protesting the bus.
    Gandhi wasn’t protesting food.
    NFL players who take the knee aren’t protesting the anthem or the flag.

8. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    For what it's worth, the first amendment only applies to government sanctions. An owner has every right to fire a player for disrespecting the flag or refusing to stand for the anthem. Your first amendment rights don't apply to private business which the NFL is.

If a private enterprise requires certain behavior from employees and employees don't uphold that personal conduct policy the business has every right to punish / reprimand you in any way of thear choosing.

9. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Players don't have the right to protest and disrespect the flag if the owners say no. Sorry people!

Make those assholes stand!!!
    Good to see the now that owners are demanding players stand.

10. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    The owners can force them to stand to give the appearance of respecting the flag. Reminds me of the DPRK.

Wondering why there’s no outrage at the disrespect shown when Josh wrapped his junk in the flag in violation of the flag code and stood while being sprayed with booze. Maybe it’s ok because he’s standing?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/u8w3anmyol8

Kid Rock tearing holes in flag to wear it; where’s the outrage?

Fans at Presidents Cup; again no outrage

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/presidents-cup-2017-these-outrageous-fan-outfits-make-our-best-of-list-from-liberty-national

If only I could figure out what all these guys had in common maybe I could figure out the lack of outrage. Hmmm.

11. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    The golf digest outfits are showing love and patriotism for their country.

Big difference between an individual doing something on his or her own time but as an employee of a private company during work related hours you have a code of conduct and must follow the rules.

I could care less if these NFL players on their day off want to burn the flag, protest, March ect....Go for it, as an employee you do what the boss says.

At my company I require all male employees to wear a suit. If you want to protest my policy then I have the right to fire you, send you home or suspend you. Your free speech of wearing what you want does not apply. Many companies have policies that require things employees and if you protest those policies then you can be fired. NFL is no different. You work for an owner and management team and what they goes.

Kudos to those owners are demanding players stand during business functuons. Do anything you want in your day off.