1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

To the Residents of St. Augustine Florida..........

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bulldogs, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    My what a beautiful city you live in.

The Chief and I took sister in law and mom down to St. Augustine the day after christmas to show our appreciation for all they do during the year in helping with the kids when we are in a bind and to just get away for a few days before the New Year.

I was thoroughly impressed and the kids had a great time as well going to the Historic Forts, Pirate Museum, Wax Museum ect........

I can really see why people decide to buy a 2nd home or retire in Northern Florida area. That corridor from Hilton Head Island, SC down through Savannah Ga. and into Jacksonville, St. Augustine and down through New Smyrna Beach area with the National Seashore is just beautiful.

It has really grown on the Chief and I through the years and would highly recommend anybody looking for a long weekend getaway or winter break to visit St. Augustine and the surrounding areas. Just a lovely place.

2. My dad wants to move to Florida

Mom is like.....why?

3. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    I can certainly understand why people become snowbirds. A beautiful place in the winter. St.Augustine was a great little town.

4. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    I grew up in NH and thought I would always live there. As I have aged (my husband too) I realized life is too short to spend it indoors from Dec to April. We use to ski and snowshoe but the cold weather just isn't as appealing as the warmth of the sun in Florida. We traded our skis in for golf clubs and beach bikes. We love Florida from November to May. NH is beautiful from June to the first of November and we will always spend those months in our NH home. St. Augustine is a very beautiful city especially during the holidays. We are about 2 hours South but have visited there and highly recommend a stop there if you are traveling South.

5. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Red....that’s the life, New England in summer and fall and Florida in winter.

I bet those grandkids love getting down to see grandma and grandpa during the winter and spring break in Florida.

I wore shorts and a sweatshirt at night and rode bikes with the kids to eat dinner and it was as if time stood still.