1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Trapezius Pain

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by jlsaturn, Jun 30, 2020.

1. jlsaturn

jlsaturn New Member

Jun 30, 2020
    I am noticing a correlation between the tightness on my left trapezius and the intensity of my tinnitus in my left ear. I also notice if I tap on my left ear, it sounds like a tight snare drum. My Dr. says my eardrum looks normal and does not respond to the trapezius correlation. I have been struggling with Meniere's for over 10 years, yet I continue to follow every lead hoping for a break through. I was wondering if anyone else has similar experiences.

2. Autumninthefall

Autumninthefall Active Member

Aug 10, 2019
    I have always had major problems with pain/knots/tightness in those same muscles. Sometimes, I can barely turn my head when it's the worst. When it happens to me, it means I need to increase my potassium, sodium, and/or magnesium. I have to analyze what I've been eating to figure out what's causing the problem.
    FYI, pain in these muscles may also trigger migraine, per my neurologist. A chiropractor showed me how to do a manipulation on this area that offers some relief, unfortunately it doesn't help my Meniere's.
    I don't know about any correlation, but it seems reasonable considering we are all told to drink lots of water, and take a diuretic, both of which can wash out electrolytes and minerals. I can't take a diuretic for this very reason: I wash out too many electrolytes and minerals. You might have the same problem.
    Of note, daily vitamins for women do not usually contain magnesium(is it the same in vitamins for men?). It takes about a week to really work, but magnesium is my go-to for cramping shoulders. If it doesn't work, I know I need to have my potassium/sodium checked.
    One thing everyone on this forum can tell you, however, is that even the best doctors do not have all of the answers. If they did, this forum wouldn't be needed!
    I learned the above info. from my GP, ENT, chiropractor and neurologist~not any one person, spanning two decades. What we wouldn't all give if one person had all the answers! Good luck!