1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Unending lightheaded feeling and hearing is poorer

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by yanksgirl, Nov 8, 2018.

1. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    No doctor has the answer--including my Neuro-ent--well respected and expert in the treatment of Meniere's.
    So, having had the shunt surgery and no more vertigo--so thankful--I live with daily and more intense feeling of being lightheaded to the point of almost needing to 'sleep' after dealing with it throughout the day!
    And my hearing seems to be getting worse 'head feels heavy' and sound is more distorted.
    I have good hearing aids and when now wearing them --I can only hear sounds for the most part--meaning like phone ringing, thunder, etc. But voices I have to be right in the face of someone--and have them repeat--wondering if the lightheadedness and more hearing loss are connected. Just so depressed lately due to all this.

2. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I am sorry to hear that Yanksgirl. What helped for my lightheadness was a physio therapy. At present all symptoms are gone! Tinnitus is a tricky one as we all know. I hope you feel better soon. Take care

3. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Marta, can you be more specific on the physical therapy. Is it straightforward vestibular rehab? Can you recommend any specific exercises?
    Thanks.

4. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    Marta, you did say Physio therapy? Is that including or different from vestibular rehab as Teesdale mentioned? I have had the vestibular rehab 2 different times. This pressure and feeling lightheaded to the point of quality of life not good daily is just a mystery. And the hearing loss getting worse so it may all be connected--but maybe not. Thanks for your reply, Yanksgirl