1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Vegetable Soup

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by mbgphoto79, Jan 3, 2018.

1. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Made this up tonight because it was cold, and it's just been that kind of day. All of the ingredients, save for the carrots, are on the good side of the lysine/arginine ratio. The carrots aren't too bad so it shouldn't pose an issue for most.

Allow about an hour or little more total time.

2T olive oil
    4C chopped potatoes
    5C hot vegetable broth, low sodium or homemade (we make our own from vegetable scraps)
    1/2 28oz can Italian peeled tomatoes, chopped, or use the whole can if you want more of a tomato based soup
    3 carrots, peeled and chopped
    3 stalks celery, chopped
    1/2 C frozen peas
    3/4 C frozen corn kernels
    1C frozen green beans
    1/4 head cauliflower, chopped
    1 teaspoon smoked paprika (key ingredient)
    1 teaspoon each oregano, parsley and basil

Heat a large dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and then the potatoes. Coat the potatoes and then add the smoked paprika, basil, oregano, parsley and basil. Allow this mixture to cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The potatoes should brown a little, but not burn. Add the remaining vegetables and mix well, allowing them to cook for another couple minutes. Add the tomatoes and enough broth to cover the vegetables. If you want a looser soup, add more broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered or until the potatoes are cooked through. Serve plain, or with smoked salt and black pepper. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 3
  2. tammy05

tammy05 New Member

Mar 24, 2023
    I tried this recipe, and it was super awesome. It was a rainy day and I thought of something to cook. I and my wife had this soup together. she said it was delicious.